Review: Modified Ledoman 6x XM-L 3 Mode Bike Light "Ledoman X6"

Wonderful job, bro! Deserving winner of that light.

Ok. I assume you don't know exactly how to wire it, right? Here we go:

If you want to check charging batteries you just reverse the connectors (assuming you are using tipical 5.5x2.1mm connectors). That way you can check how Li-Ion 8.4V chargers are working. Found one which doesn't stop charging at all. It came with some red letters on the label. Probably sign of red flag ;-)

PS. Voltage reading could be little lower than without it because of voltage drop over this gadget. I've experienced 0.1V difference but this is also the smallest increment when showing figures above 10V, so the exact difference is unknow, but should be below 0.1V. This would result in a error of +/- 0.4W reading at max. No big deal.

Thanks WarHawk!

Yeah, you’re right. That’s why I’ve programmed mode 2 (mid) to level 5 which is only about 10.7 watts and I’ll be using this most of the time when riding my bike. The high mode (40 watts) will be only used when necessary. :slight_smile:

Now it will be necessary to use high when its time to brag my bike light to my friends. That’s one of the perks of being a member of BLF, right? :bigsmile:

Thank you bro!

My sights are on your latest group buy. That Courui bighead has a LOT of potential. J)

Thank you ledoman!

I ‘googled’ the instructions of using this gadget last night and ended up with many contradicting instructions. Well I think I finally made it work and one thing I observed was that the voltage of my power source being measured is 11.7 in my DMM but only 11.4 in this gadget.

I’ll try this diagram tonight and see the difference.

Ledoman, my Volmeter/Ammeter seems to be defective. I tried following the diagram you posted and these are the results:

With all the components connected but with the X6 power supply (Shocker Battery Case) still off, volts and amps both read zero

However, when the X6 power supply is turned on, the ‘gadget’ reads the voltage of the power supply which is 11.8 volts, but says 49.7 amps. The Ledoman X6 is still off when this reading is taken. And in fact I cannot turn it on at all.

Here’s a closer view of the connections. Have I done it wrong? :~

In my frustration, I decided to convert a Nokia Car Charger which is not being used, into a power source for the Ledoman X6. I used the battery pack cable sent with the X6.

Having nothing else to do, I decided to test the Ledoman X6 using the cigarette lighter jack as my power source and compare it with my car lights.

Here’s the beam shot of my car headlights at low. They’re 2x H4 Halogen with 90 Watts output at Low.

Here’s the beam shot of my car headlights at high. The H4 output at high is 110 watts each and it has additional projector halogens.

And here’s the X6 powered by my car’s cigarette lighter jack.

I think this would make a good flood/search lamp for my car while I’m still waiting for my 3S1P battery cases. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Garry

Nightbird95 how are you doing with this light now?

I temporarily attached it to my car as fog/flood light. My Samsung INR18650-29Es are still on ‘transit’ and so is the cable from DX and the 2 pcs 3S1P 18650 holders so I cannot use it on my bike yet. :~

If my batteries still won’t arrive a week from now then I’m planning of re-installing the original driver so that I can use it on my bike using my Pannovo battery case as power supply. :slight_smile:

Currently the X6 is very very effective in ‘reminding’ the drivers of oncoming traffic to be courteous and never put their headlights to Hi when another vehicle is at the opposite lane (despite repeated signals from the other driver). And actually I love how they react when I turn the X6 on. J) I’m not saying its the right thing to do but sometimes you have to do certain things to remind others that they do not own the road.