Review: Olight S15 baton (1/2/3*AA / 14500)

It is SO EASY to do a slight turn of the tail cap to lock out the S10. I don’t see any real need for a soft function to do the same, but I guess it’s nice to have the option. If there’s one thing I do like about the new UI is the ability to launch into high mode from OFF. An extra 20 lumens is not going to be noticeable, though. Frankly I’d rather have the same output but slightly longer runtime.

I’m very interested in the S15. I think it could be an economic contender to the Zebralight SC52. Plus, the ability to add extension tubes is VERY cool.

Is there a coupon code for s15 at banggood?

don`t know just for the S15, but at least you could use BLF... for 8% discount

You can get it just as cheaply off of eBay these days and you don’t have the hassle of something being shipped from Asia.

I just got my S15. It’s like having a slightly larger and thinner S10. Terrific little light. Hands down, I think it’s one of the best AA values around. What other light has the capability of handling AA, AAx2, and AAx3 all from one head, for under $35? And still put out over 300 lumens on high.

Bump, and thanks for the review! Does anyone know off-hand if the S15 will work with two 14500 cells with the extender? I haven’t been brave enough to try it. I’ve had the Ti version for a couple weeks and it’s a great little EDC. Mine has a nice neutral tint with no greenishness. It gets a great output on a single Eneloop but the 14500 (or two AA cells) gives it an extra mode.

Also, I detect very high frequency PWM on mine on every mode IIRC. It’s the newer, XM-L2 version if that makes any difference. They probably did it for the tint. For an EDC I prefer tint over efficiency anyway. Thanks again for the review.

I don't believe you can use 2x 14500!

That's what I have read..Will look it up

Edit:

Quote goinggear:The Olight S15 can use NiMh, alkaline, or 14500 lithium ion (maximum of one lithium ion, three of NiMh or alkaline) batteries, giving you a wide range of compatible battery types.

I would imagine the voltage is a little too high.

I am not going to try !

It also say: working voltage 0,9-5v

I just received another new S15 and the first thing i did was mod it with a Nichia 219B on a Noctigon to make it a great tint and eliminate the green-tint syndrome the Baton series of Olights are known for. :slight_smile:

I don't have mine anymore...

But that seems to be a wise decision.

Did putting two 14500 in my S15 Baton Ti burn my light out! it doesn’t work now, I only researched what I power I can run AFTER!!! Lame!

Here is my other S15 with a TIR Optic + Cree XM-L2 3B emitter. like the Nichia light above, it too has a near perfect tint with NO green hue, and this one is much floodier for camping and use as a work light.
This TIR bought from Fastech, drops right in place of the original badly-designed smooth reflector.

Dbsar, is there no wobble or anything?

not sure what you mean by “wobble”. meaning the TIR moves off-center a bit installing it? ( for this type it fit perfectly, but the smooth typew i used in my S20 and new S15R has a “shoulder” around the edge and takes a bit of care to get it centered. The smooth TIR and a XM-L2 4C is a perfect tint match over the stock greenish tint. ( the stippled TIR shown in the photo has a more floody beam profile.

I meant it was maybe too short and had some play.

Ialso got a bunch of those reflectors, but they didn't fit my blf a6, nor my reylight blf ti.

They fit quit well as the S15 reflector is already very short.

got a sku on that TIR DB?

for the stippled, floody one above its from FT here: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1574901