REVIEW - Olight S1A Baton

good review! I like the S1a as much as my S1 Baton and S15r. Olight is always doing a good job in manufacturing little edc-flashlights!

S1A continued to be a very pleasant little flashlight.
Eventually someone in need must have picked it up, used it and pocketed it, and I never got it back.
Sigh. Another reminder to keep flashlights on a lanyard. Or a leash.

EDIT found it under the bed.

Aside — good warranty service from Olightworld.com. I’d bought one of Olight’s little chargers !

and a single rechargeable 10440/AA li-ion cell from their web sales page last year.

The cell failed (protection circuit kept operating over-enthusiastically, so the charger cycled between 4.2v and 0v every second or so, and a flashlight would barely flicker with the cell in it) The warranty folks at the website just asked for a picture and said they’ll be sending a replacement. (Their site no longer sells the 10440 li-ions, so I’m curious what I’ll get in the mail as a replacement)

NOTE NEW STUFF AT OLIGHT’s WEBSITE

the site’s worth a fresh look — they now have magnetic charging on a lot of their flashlights with “R” in the name

https://olightworld.com/led-flashlights/rechargeable
https://olightworld.com/batteries-and-chargers/battery-chargers

And they have a retrofit kit for the H1Nova

(I have no idea what a “dual polarity RC” cell is, maybe they need their own proprietary cell for these rechargeable devices?)

I haven’t seen any of these, I”m just speculating from what’s on the website. — a little electromagnet on a charging dock or on a USB cable mates up with the base of the light to recharge the cell.

Update

The review light — serial number G07150647 — turned up dead today.
Checking for warranty support as suggested at the forum

The Olight user rep at the forum has not participated for over 4 years, after making the single post in this thread.

Well, Olight’s 4 year old email is defunct:

——- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors —techsupport@olightworld.com—-
(reason: 550 Mailbox not found.

Their 4-year-old website doesn’t work:

Googled, found a new webpage:

Looked for warranty info, found nothing

Their page did recognize my login from their old website, and had a record of the lights I’ve gotten from them.

They have a FAQ link at thit website that gives two defunct links for warranty/service contacts.

Neither of those links works, they just default to search “not found”

EDIT, I found their customer returns link comes up valid:
https://www.olightstore.com/contacts/order_returns.html

I posted a pointer to this thread and will follow up if Olight responds.

Quick response from cs@olightstore.com
Didn’t understand my complaint, offered to send me a new battery (which was the problem I reported four years or so ago)
I replied verifying the flashlight is dead, and that it wasn’t a battery problem.
Looks like most of their support is done via Facebook now.
More news as I have it.

UPDATE == commendably quick response; Olight emailed me a RMA number and shipping address.
I don’t mind paying for shipping something this small. Off it will go, soon!