Review: Roche X3

It's the same driver as the Roche F6.

I wonder if the f6 charger head will screw on

now that is what i would say a proper review, good job sirius…

Haha, I caught myself trying to stop at lowest level but failing every time :smiley: just when I thought “now, click now” light would blink and jump to high starting new circle of ramping :bigsmile:
UI would sure use some of DrJones skills and lower low mode, although I am not particularly fond of moonlight modes I would like to see ~30-40 led lumens mode instead of about 100 led lumens at 210mA…
Unfortunately I have no equipment for PWM testing but I can see flickering when observing through camera. I am not sensitive to PWM so it’s all fine to my eyes but I will try to make some waving images :slight_smile:

C8 pill has more meat but the question is how much of that actually plays a role in heat transfer, but it would sure be nice to see few millimeters of aluminum more or even better would be to have cloased head that doesnt use pill, like Convoy L4, in that case there could be almost 10 mm of material under the emitter.

Btw, when you remove pill, 25mm star fits perfectly :bigsmile:

also, the head shell of X3 is designed bit better than C8 so this fins actually have influence, they are not just for esthetics :slight_smile:

Thanks for the formula, it will sure be useful.
About “current sense” and “current limiting” terms, before publishing this review I had а chat with my friend which is in EE studies and he explained that in this particular case it is all the same which expression I use so I used “limiting”, thinking that other people, whicha are like me, not electronic experts, would understand better what is the function of this resistors and what could/will happed if they are changed somehow :slight_smile:

They are not really limiting resistors, but current sense resistors for the 7136, which has a CS Voltage of 50mV. That means it will regulate the current through the FET, so that there is a 50mV voltage drop at the resistors.

… flashlight ‘speak’. Leaves us newbs dumbfounded.

Price dropped to “$20 @ CNQG” not really a deal breaker after including shipping cost.

+$3.67 shipping

> CNQG
“3mode Random brightness” ???

Is there a discount code for CN?

F6 charger head will fit X3

Thanks gehrmo!

If the F6 charger head fits then I would presume the Roche X3 and Roche F6 heads are swappable as well.

Not quite,the X3 body works with F6 head,but the F 6 body won’t work on the X3 head.The threads on the F6 body are not long enough to make contact with the X3 head when it is fully tightened.Pity because it make a shorter better feeling light.

I don’t have F6 so I can’t comment on this subject but I know that X3 head + Convoy C8 batt. tube + C8 extension tube + Convoy C8 tailswitch works :stuck_out_tongue: at least physically, but 8.4V… maybe with different driver.

Very nice. Wish more lights had interchangeable parts.

Hey china! I would pay more for a line of lights that advertised interchangeable parts. :bigsmile: If you build it, they will come.

This is actually very good business idea :nerd_face: If they are smart they could make modular parts,5-6 different heads (for throw with big reflector, medium size with SMO and OP reflector, small size for EDC… with electronic momentary switch and without it), 3-4 battery tubes/extensions each for one cell, whether that is 18650 or 26650, that you could just screw on each other and extend for 2xcell or 3xcell configuration, one could be narrower/lighter for EDC, other could be thicker/sturdier for longer configurations and then 2-3 tail switches/assemblies bigger, smaller, each forward or reverse clicky etc.
Then, everyone would do preferred “customisation”, I want this head and this many battery tubes and this switch -> buy now

Absolutely! Now, who can we bug to make it happen? :smiley:
Maybe Simon / convoy-flashlight.

Does the Convoy C8 extension tube fit directly on the X3 head?

Very nice!

25mm aluminum star (with dielectric substrate)?

Looks like it’s time to try the Nightbird95 and comfychairs direct heat riveted MCPCB mod :wink: (aka…the stinkpad :stuck_out_tongue: )