REVIEW - Rofis MR30 - rechargeable and dischargeable - 21700 battery

Great little flashlight, charged my phone up in a few hours, lost turbo but other modes working fine. Did the Amazon/Zipon deal. A steal.

The light is awesome but the mode spacing is horrible

If they add a 0,7lm mode, add the 450lm mode to the mode secuency and make the 750lm the Max sustained mode, the light will be almost perfect. A 2 min step down instead of 1m would be good too

I like the MR30 so much, I bought 3 of them: one for me, one for my wife, and one more for me :smiley:
So I was bummed when the switch stopped working in my first light after just a couple of weeks of very light use (me playing with it).
Turned out to be an easy fix. I clamped the head in a vice with several layers of heavy paper for protection, then I twisted the body tube out with a large pair of pliers using one of those rubber, jar lid opener pad, thingies between the pliers and the tube for protection.
After that, the driver just drops right out. I did not disconnect the leads to the emitter; there was enough slack to get to the switch. I cleaned the switch with a Qtip and Isopropyl alcohol and the light works good as new.
You can see some of the strands from the Qtip in these pictures.

Edit- 10 minutes later the switch is flaky again. I’ll have to do some micro solder surgery if I can find a replacement switch. :weary:

Edit 2- Sent an email to Rofis support asking them to send me a replacement driver. Got a response 25 minutes later. Looks like they are mailing me a new driver :+1:

I got 2 of these from Amazon US I'm in the UK.

Should they come with spare O rings and a spare USB cover?

Mine came with spare rings, spare USB cover, lanyard, and 2 USB cables: one for charging and one for powering other devices from the light.

I have two of these lights and like them quite a bit. The UI takes a little getting used to but it’s not bad. The cell however has some issues in both my samples. The light wont sustain Turbo at all unless the cell is fully charged and won’t go into Turbo at all even for a second if it’s not. I put in the Red Vapecell 4200 and a Samsung 40T and both work perfectly. It’s a little disappointing that Rofis selects a cell that doesn’t perform well in their light. I can’t even use the cell in other lower demand lights because it is VERY long.

Have you tried bypassing the springs?

That can help a lot.

I have not. Great idea though.