REVIEW: Rofis R1 Flashlight/Headlamp

I should have been more clear that the 7% is a plus/minus, but as you say, that’s what every data sheet I’ve seen says. 14% total range, as you say. (Which is actually pretty huge…north of 100 lumen difference for a 1000 lumen light, for example.

Nice review, as Jason said before I got here… all questions clearly answered with excellent photo’s.

I was looking on Amazon a few minutes ago at other lights and ran across this one, did a Google Search and found this review. Really have to pick one of these up now. :slight_smile:

Thank you bdm82, much appreciated. :smiley:

Does anyone know what the diameter of the glas lens is? AliExpress sells 17mm and 20mm TIR lenses with a wide variety of beam angles for single XM-L flashlights. If these lenses will fit then the beam will be a lot like the Olight S1R Baton I and II.

Usually lights of this size will take a 20 mm TIR lens. You can usually fit it underneath the stock lens so the size doesn’t have to be perfect.

The Baton uses a special low profile lens so the aftermarket ones that you buy may or may not look similar. The best thing to do is just buy a few of them in different angles since they’re so cheap. That way you can try them out and see which one you like the best.

Thanks JasonWW, I plan on buying a variety bundle so a can play around with it. I’m just afraid the 20mm lens might be too big. I’ll buy a 17mm lens just in case.

Do you perhaps know of any existing valid coupon code for the R1? I think it’s gonna make the perfect bedside light.

Keep in mind that the 17mm might be too short. I would go with 20mm. If it’s a tiny bit too big in diameter you can file the diameter smaller. If the 17mm is too short you will have to double up on the glass lenses to get enough thickness.

Also keep in mind that some lenses have poor efficiency. Try to get some that say they have good transference. Even then it’s hard to say if their specs are correct.

On Aliexpress make sure your “bundle” includes a variety of different lens angles. Typically their “bundles” will be 6 or 10 of the same lens.

Freeme gave me a coupon, but I never bought this light. It was just too heavy for my needs.

Noted! Thanks JasonWW. I’ll contact him. I have a few lenses lined up that looks promising :+1: