Review: Solarforce L2N

Hi Foy,

nice review.... can we get a picture of the L2N body with the L2T head? Thanks in advance...

I’m going there too, for my 5th Solar Force.

Does SolarForce sell drop ins with OP reflectors?

…Apologies to Foy for the slight derailment of his much appreciated review! :slight_smile:

….they have some coloured XR-E drop-ins which have orange peel reflectors,
if you had a tool to ream the hole larger then it would fit,
other than that i haven`t seen any, shame too as i likes em!
my op reflector started out life on an MC-E drop-in

Vectrex -

Will do. Since the time change, it's dark when I get home so, no pictures until the weekends. I've wanted to see the L2N with different heads/caps too. Right now, I have the A001 head and an S8 (S9?) tail cap on the L2N - looks killer.
Foy

My L2N is on its way!
Thank you Foy

OK, Foy has convinced me to take the plunge on my first solarforce host. Is there a discount code for http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com?

Just ordered L2N deal (with clip & 3 mode XML dropin).
Now can’t wait for them arriving at home! :cowboy_hat_face:

I wish the offered the combo deal with the low voltage drop-in.

they will lego up any parts together that you want!! :slight_smile:
email them a list of parts for a reduced price quote,
Email Jo,Solarforce Sales Team,
sales@solarforce-sales.com
they are very keen and happy to fulfill your wish!

Some photos of different options with the L2N with different bezels and tail caps from Solarforce. From member Blitzwing.

Thought I'd post up some pics of a fully blinged L2N . . .

A001 head, S9 tail cap and stainless steel Foybezel™ makes this ergonomic looker the best L2N to have and to hold.

IdoandIdoFoy

Love your work, Foy :heart_eyes:

Thanks very much for the detailed review! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

Thanks again Foy !

Now that L2N-A001-S9 Combo has to be one of the most gorgeous P60 flashlight hosts ever.
Too bad my Flashlight budget is blown for 2012….(sigh)….maybe next year.
Already have the S9 tailcap and Foybezel™ (Un-Licensed version).

“This incredible U3 module continues to amaze with its scorching 1,000 lumen ocean of light and its self contained/fully potted/waterproof design . . . absolutely perfect for the L2N. Hands down; the best P60 combination on the planet. Very easy statement to make.”

Where do I find information on this drop in, MD26E “Meisterstück” from Vinz . . .? Google doesn’t give me anything.
Thanks.

Hello Musket,
you don’t find any information, because it’s really rare. Vinz is a german flashlightmodder and he built this drop-in.
You will find some information about this drop-in in the thread of Foy:

He don’t make mass production. If you want something special, you can write him a message and ask.

By the way: Meisterstück is the german word for masterpiece.
Here are two of his projects:
UK 4AA
Trustfire A8, Quad XP-G

The newest awesome project - a UV drop-in

Hi, just wanted to ask (make sure), Is it okay to use the M6 tailcap with any of the L2 series host? Thanks in advance! =)

Yes, the tailcap of the M6 is the S9, and is compatible with: Solarforce L2, L2M, L2T, L2P, L2X, L2M Special Edition Masterpiece Pro-2, M6, M8, L600, L1200.

Thanks for the reply. I was checking the Solarforce HK website but was not able to see the S9 Tailcap there. I’m new to mixing Solarforce parts. I would assume this came out before the L2N (in which I’m hoping to dress up), and is most likely also compatible right? Again, thanks! :smiley: