Review: Solarforce M8

Just thought I’d mention there is a version with xml u2 now.

Great pictures.
What i like most is the one or two battery versatility. :bigsmile:

Great review Foy and the M8 is a awesome looking light, but there’s one thing there that looks better… Ted is GORGEOUS!!!

3-2-13 update:

Not much to say . . . the M8 soldiers on. Bright as heck and turns on every time I push the button. Despite its length, I like it for going on a walk at night. I can imagine it being superb for walking a dog, mostly because of its throw.

The good news it seems, the M8 now sports a U2 bin XM-L. They're calling it 850 lumens, up from 740 quoted for the T6 and it is now $10 less dear. The price reduction is a good thing because there have always been (still are) cheaper throwers.

The M8 is still a Solarforce must-have.

intimim8meFoy

I just ordered an M8 from Lighthound moments ago. Need it like I need a hernia, but just had to have it because Foy loves it so! :stuck_out_tongue:

I plan on putting an MT-G2 on board, if I can get the pill apart that is.

Hi DBCstm, please take detailed pics of how to take the pill apart. I also plan on getting a M8 and are still unsure with which to mod it, XML2 @ 5A, MT-G2, SST-90 :)

I think the newer ones are coming with an XM-L2 but probably not at 5A. Will have to see what’s what when I get into it, IF I get into it! :slight_smile: