Review: Solarforce Skyline 2

Yeah, it's rather a shame both of the Skylines are so anoying to upgrade. The driver is held in place by the push fit brass piece you can see in Match's second photo, sadly it's pushed in to place either with a press of some kind or a bloody big hammer :P

When I look at both Skylines, it appears that it would be the easiest thing in the world to design these bad boys so that at least the brass base of a normal P60 drop-in could be screwed in. How awesome would it be to drop some powerhouse combination in either of these fine flashlights. The Skyline 2 will probably be my next purchase.

lovescheapthrowersFoy

the masterpiece pro-1 is still on my list. maybe theyll lower the price.

I've read nothing but good about the Masterpiece Pro, probably one of the best throwers available. You can get the head by itself for $43.99 and just screw it onto an L2P/L2. It has the same finish as an L2P I think. Now that I look on their site, they're throwing in an L2i as well.

I'm still itching for that M8, though.

Foy

maybe you can Foyify that head and send SF sales a prototype. With the money youll be making from Foybezels INC. you can buy plenty of M8s. Im actually ordering 2 grey l2is for coworkers tonight. how have your runtimes been on them. and which leds have you used. thx

The L2i, you mean? I've got the UF 3-mode XM-L in there with an 18650. I have not run it down significantly but so far it seems to behave just like an L2P/L2 with the same set-up. I need to incorporate run times in my reviews but I get tired of waiting. I've been using it at work this week and it's fast becoming one of my top lights. This combination (L2i/XM-L) is a seriously potent flashlight for $25 complete. Your coworkers are going to love it.

hellofatorchFoy

I wonder how a Masterpiece Pro with an XM-L would be vs. an M8...

It is a shame the P60 hasn't been expanded much, if you could just screw the brass pills into another head with a large reflector that would be great...especially if the reflector screwed into the head as well for maximum contact.