Review : Thorfire S70S (2x26650 xhp70 flashlight)

Thanks!

I will probably make some more tests too later today , I’ll report back.

Measured again lumens , now i get 3402 lunens* at the same amps , seems my initial measurement was a little lower (i think i measured lumens after i took the beamshots) .

*All of my measurements are taken 30 seconds after turn on . Manufacturer can claim lumens at the start-up , which i think it is close to 3600

You can always add a resistor to bump up the power on turbo. You don’t even need to unsolder the driver to do it. I’m awful with soldering small things and mine is working alright.

I don’t know how much it is putting out now but its definitely heating up quicker and is brighter. I don’t have a clamp meter to get an accurate reading on current.

It is a little harder to find the same size but I found a listing on ebay for it. Look for a 2512 r100

I have already installed a R100 on my L6 , works great so far ! Draws around 7.5 amps .

I would change it on S70S too , but i think stock mcpcb isn’t DTP so lumens will probably drop fast…

I can test mine later. I can’t measure lumens but I can see how much the output drops over time.

The drops at 5-minute intervals are of course from the turbo timer.

Started with fresh 18650 30q cells.
Ended at 3.8v after 15 minutes.
Head temp hovered around 140f.

thank you for your review.
I was considering the klarus g20 for my bike, which is also a nice choice. It is incredibly affordable price but incredible performance.
big size of this doesn’t matter. because very low price.

how about it’s beam size? i want to know if it is wide enough for bike.

Beam is pretty wide , i think it’ll be OK …

Are you sure it won’t be big for a bike ? I would take a look at a small light , like the BLF A6 , with 1-2 extra batteries for good runtime .

I agree as a fellow biker (bicyclist at least). If this is going to be used on a bicycle it will be extremely heavy and akward. I personally use a Thorfire C8s with OP reflector and extra cells with me for the longer runtimes when im not using my thorfire headlight. Works great (both)
Plenty of light from the C8s OP… C8s OP is modded though just FYI.

Also a question for me about the S70S……. does anyone know if this light has LVP? I use the protected Keeppower 26650s and sometimes some unprotected AWT 26650s.

Thanks,

Mike