Review: Ultrafire 602C DIY LED Flashlight Host

Ordered a couple, thanks!

After being lost by the local post office and found again, the DX reflector came in - and it sits quite nicely in the head.

But even with the new reflector, the O-ring/glass/pill/reflector stack is still too long to permit the body to screw all the way into the head. Once again I’ve left out the front O-ring.

Oh well…

Did you file down the solder blobs? Also it is not hard to sand down the bottom of the reflector a little.

Solder blobs are filed down, I’m using kapton table on the reflector for insulation, and the thickness of the wire insulation is probably the limiting factor now.

I s’pose I could file down the reflector or make the pill thinner somehow, or find another LED on a thinner MCPCB, but meh. I’d rather not have to modify a host to make it work. Though I s’pose you get what you pay for - most of my experience with cheap lights has been great and I’m probably expecting too much :smiley:

Still gotta say I like the light and I use it a fair bit - it’s my “walk to the neighbors” / “take the dog out” flashlight. Gets the job done.

I still love this light! Its been my EDC ever since it was built! The 4 mode driver from the group buy of the A8’s is still perfect for this host in my eyes everything just works together like peanut butter and jelly!

My 602c with a nichia 219 has been my daughter’s chewing toy for the last 3 months. It is still working flawlessly. :slight_smile: