Review: UltraFire C3 SS 5 mode CREE Q5 1xAA or 1x14500 li-ion

I would have mounted a pc cooler on it (active) myself.

I used a much larger fan - 200mm.

I can't bear the noise of little fans - I have a Sun server with about 15 Delta high output fans. Most chainsaws are quieter.

Selfdischarge, i know there is supposed to be a "d" between the "F" and the "i"Wink, just a misstake, or maybe the batteries of my keyboard are getting lowEmbarassed...

The Ultrafire C3 gets very hot on High on a 14500 battery, so dont' leave it on the high mode for too long. On a Nimh it is no problem to leave it on, it gets warm, but not hot enough to fry the led.

I knew it was a typo but it was a good one so i could not resist. :)

Aloha and welcome to BLF Hobbyfotograaf!

Welcome from me as well, Hobbyfotograaf. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

I take it you're into photography? (I'm sorry if I am misinterpreting your nickname. My Dutch is horrible. And you really shouldn't worry about your English.)

thanks Budgeteer for introducing the Ultrafire c3 SS mode.

the features mentioned are too good, i liked the design of this producted nicely made,

according to the details of the battery life this product has a nice battery life and can be used for more hours then other lights.

thanks for the great information about this product.

parts washer

Yes, my hobby is photography (click on the link in my signature if you want to look at my photo's).

Hi Budgeteer , Awesome review , thanks for your hard work ,can you also post it in our own forum in this page: http://forum.lightake.com/Board.aspx?BoardID=14&GroupID=0 , thanks in advance !

Daniel

Doe anyone know where I could buy a replacement switch for the Ultrafire C3 SS?

I had sold a Trustfire S-A2 that I had done the strobe delete conversion on to one of the old folks in my Dads assisted living housing, but he decided to return it because he wanted the crazy flashy strobe modes like my dads Skyray S-A1 has. So I took the pill out of my Ultrafire C3 and realized the S-A2 pill screws right in so I swapped them out. Now I have a 3 mode C3 low,medium and high with no flashy strobe modes and the crazy old dude has a five mode S-A2 with the flashy and strobe modes.

So basically if you buy the Skyray S-A2 from DX for $12

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfire-s-a2-cree-xpc-wc-q5-3-mode-230-lumen-led-flashlight-1-aa-1-14500-36358

and do the strobe delete mod

The pill will screw right into the C3 giving you an XPG 3 mode C3 which is very nice, and the C3 pill will screw into the S-A2 with a minor mod to the reflector giving you a 5 mode XRE S-A2 to sell.