Review: UltraFire UF-H6 Headlamp

Nice review, thanks, I like that we can change th driver and Led…

Price $ 38.00 (Special Discount) Free Shipping

Still thinking about buying this. I wonder if it’s tough enough to withstand some abuse. :~

I used mine extensively through Hurricane Sandy with no issues. For the money, I think it's a winner. My only complaint is the switch. It's small, hard to press, and saving and keeping a brightness setting in memory is a pain in the ass.

I ordered this light today with the special discount, but paying was not possible before Ultrafire sends me an E-mail. This is second time I tried to place an order. I remember that I have ordered this light one month ago, and they still haven’t emailed me and paying was not possible. Is this special offer valid anymore?
KAI

so,are you happy with this headlamp?its working?anone changed the driver and the led?
i still think-zebra or this?

Could you please update pictures, they are not showing, all I see is that they are hosted at Flickr and not available at the moment :slight_smile:

Should all work now.

anyone tried to open it and change the driver? i bough a few of this crap and its not working…:cry:

As of a few weeks ago the special pricing via the provided link was still valid. Got the light and use it quite a bit both at work and as a helmet-mounted lamp for mountain biking. Love the size, performance, price and versatility. Don’t notice the PWM. The switch is a gloves-off proposition only. All my riding cohorts are ordering them because the form factor makes low-profile mounting a cinch. Actually fits between the visor and brim of my Bell Super.

Anyone know if an earlier model cap that works well with a magnet, can be used? Even if one has to butcher the spring etc. If the internals are not the same.

This is an amazing flashlight! It’s not only a headlamp it is also my new EDC (every day carry flashlight). Very bright about 500-700 lumens. Very small for a 18650. The headband that come with it is also very comfortable. I would highly recommend buying this flashlight!!! 5 stars!!! This is where I got mine and received it in about 10 days http://www.lightmalls.com/ultrafire-uf-h6-cree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-800-lumen-led-headlamp-1-18650

First post in almost two years, lol.

That headlamp looks really nice but it is a bit expensive at that price. Does it have visible PWM pattern at lower modes?

I found something worth posting about. Haha. The PWM doesn’t bother me at all but it never has, I have read other post that it does bother some people. So I suppose to answer your question yes it does. Compared to $75 and up lights I would say this is a good deal!

The light is good, but if I were to spend $38 there might be better choices out there.

I am building a similar angle light which I bought at a cheaper price, at around $24 (forgot the exact price). I bought it from Taobao and the light doesn’t even come with a name/brand. The overall quality is okay but I cannot live with the stock driver. I am now waiting for my parts to arrive to mod it.

I love angle lights very much too because they are flexible and convenient to be used in a lot of occasions.

I would really like to see when you’re finished with it!!

my advice-dont buy this crap…we had many many warranty claims because this headlamp…its a crappy product.the old model was very very bad…

I haven’t had any problems so far had it about two weeks everything works fine.

My UF-H6 had a little fault after few years. The positive spring fell out from the driver. My light has a magnet in battery cap and when I look at the light later I found that spring was safe inside the bottom cap (because of the magnet).
Now I’m trying to figure out how to solder the little spring back there!
I would like to hear more instructions how to pry out the driver pill.
Thanks in advance

KAI