Review: USB battery box 2x18650 enb

No.

I surely it won’t, I measured this box and it accept only about 67 mm (for button top)
Protected NCRB is atleast 69 mm or more. (except if you cut almost all of the spring out it might work, not sure don’t count on my word)

Go for the 3 cells version if you want to use protected cells, this one accept up to 72 mm according to Optisharp.
(The spring in this one is cone shape so it can collapse more than the 2 cells version)
But it only have 1A output and 1 USB port.

Pity, I really need the 1.5A output.

Might wait for the Xtar WP2s then.

Or can anyone recommend some 18650 that will fit that wont cost too much?

I believe it is a no (I did include the maximum battery length in the review).

Check unproteced batteries at fasttech.com

how do i open this box? it feels pretty tight

Hold around the white plastic, press at the gray plastic where the connectors are located.

tnx, i made it :slight_smile:

I have the 3 cells version.

Test it with NCRB cells, use it to recharge phone, USB fan till led shown red.

First recharge, found out the led went off faster than 2 cells version. So I thought this higher charge current.

Unplug then pressed the power button, it shown Amber, hmmm…. recharge again, led also went off after awhile.

Then I was skeptical, took out all batteries & quickly measure, one cell is 4.22v, the other two were 3.6v :open_mouth:

I hope HKJ will test the 3 cells version too, what went wrong or is it I got a faulty unit :~

well, i’m charging cells on my xtar wp6 II charge, i guess i won’t be charging the box directly :slight_smile:

Maybe the batteries didn’t contacted the pole properly i guess.
or maybe a faulty unit.

Mine arrived today. Panasonic 3400mAh unprotected fit.

I received the 3 cell version last night, and also had some issues. I need to do further testing tonight to see if I am doing something wrong, or if there is a problem with the device.

I used mine for the first time today, charging a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (not at the same time). At the end of the day it was showing the batteries were low - only one light was lighting up. So I took them out (2 x Panasonic 3400 mAh) and measured the voltages. One was down at 3.34V and the other was at 3.65V. Why would they be so different? Both are new batteries and had been charged for the first time in an Xtar SP2 the night before.

As I write in the review, it used first one battery, then the other, except at high current where it uses both batteries simultaneously.

Is it ok to use this to charge a Samsung Galaxy Note 2? The Note 2’s charger is rated at 2.0A

If the Note is using 2A, the ENB will turn off, instead of charging it.

Thanks a lot for the review! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

bought this power box a month ago.
now, I have a little problem with it. when charging the batteries, the box stops charging at 4,0-4,02V, which it is approx. 80% capacity of the fully charged battery to 4,2V. I was charging with 5V, 850mA and 5V, 550mA usb charger (phone and camera charger) and it always stops at 4,0V. batteries are green sony US18650GR taken from laptop pack. I’m charging the same batteries on little usb charging board (with TP4056 chip) bought from ebay and they get charged up to 4,15V.

so, my question is, could the problem be in used batteries, or maybe in the charger weaker then stated on the box (5V, 1A)?
I assume the problem is in the box itself, rather than batteries or charger…

For 8$ you can’t expect a good cc/cv profile for charging liions, use your hobby charger.