Review: Warsun CT9T (1x18650)

Oh, and great review Chloe :slight_smile:

It is not going to survive over 3 min. You will hear noticeable whining at medium and low mode. Burn smell coming out from battery tube when u remove your battery.

Well, that has well and truly destroyed any urge I had quicker than catching the parents getting their freak on.

*Quick update.

Copper wire bridged across the R270 resistors and running off a Keeppower 30A IMR18650 it is now noticably brighter than my direct driven C8 but as mentioned earlier with a much tighter well formed and whiter hot spot.

Won’t test it outdoors till tomorrow but early signs are telling me it will out throw the C8 by 50%

Even if I had paid three times as much for this light, I’d still be happy to buy another.

Hats off to Warsun, well done lads.

How are these CT9T holding up? It looks as if Mr Fang never addressed the issue of the black emitter centering ring that blocks a lot of output from the Led. I’m looking for some new C8 type lights and i’m torn between Convoy C8, Convoy L4, Tangsfire C8 w/ east-092 driver and Warsun CT9T. Any opinions?

I am also interested in the answer.
But instead the CT9T, it would be better the Warsun MX900 find 6? (I know the problems…)

Personally I’d skip the C8 for the CT9T or L4. The side switch really makes a difference in this size light. I haven’t resistor modded mine yet; it’s still working fine.

You’re right!!

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_88906.html

I got this CT9T from gearbest. It came without the logo printed on it. This is an upgraded version of the CT9T. It has a blue led light in the side button when the light is on or you put the light in standby with the side switch. This new version also has an improved centering ring that allows a lot more light from the led to hit the reflector. The old black centering ring appeared to block a lot of the Led light. The new centering ring is white and there is also a black outer piece that covers the solder joints to the main led star.

I only register 1.85A at the tail using a samsung 25r battery. It has good throw and could use a little more output. I had thought that this light was already supposed to run at 2.8A. Or maybe I am not getting an accurate tail cap reading due to the side switch design? This is a great light with unique appearance and good anodizing. I just wish it came with a little more output stock.

I finally got around to modding one of the CT9T’s I bought. I put an R200 resistor on top of the sense resistors, put jumper wires on the springs, and put in a dedomed XM-L2 U3 2A on a 16mm Noctigon. I made 2 copper tabs to solder the wires to the board and clear the reflector, and sanded down the centering ring so that everything seats further down. I didn’t have to reuse the black plastic disc to prevent shorting out, so everything sits nice and low and well focused. I also turned the shelf for the MCPCB because all it was was a depression in the anodized surface, leaving a big gap under the MCPCB.

The final result is pretty good, nice tight spot with a bit of spill. I’ll get it measured and report back later.

High mode now measures 2.8 amps, turbo is 3.2 amps.

In turbo I measured 1085 lumens in my light pipe, and 50,725 candela.

Good show!

anyone knows the size/diameter of the glass lens ?
mine broke when it fell and i need an replacement…

or knows where i can buy a replacement

https://pl.aliexpress.com/store/product/Warsun-Anti-wolf-Charging-Waterproof-LED-Bulb-Flashlight-Torch-5-Modes-Led-Downlight-Livolo-Portable-Tactical/2220024_32690801467.html?detailNewVersion=&categoryId=150410&spm=2114.8147860.0.0.hRsKFS

8.5USD

As flashlights Warsun look in quality?

Thanks for the deal, ordered four, two in one order and two in a second order. If ordering more than three in one order it bumps you into very expensive shipping. Shipping is free the way I ordered. Says the emitter is warm white, not sure which. Flashaholics don’t give them great reviews but you won’t find anything better for the price. Nice machining, side switch, and stainless bezel.

Heads up. The version of this light from DX no longer ships with a tailcap button - everything is controlled through the side button. It always starts in HI (Turbo mode is gone) and you must cycle through all of the modes to turn it back off. Unless you’re willing to swap out the driver, this light is a hard pass.