Review: Wolf-Eyes Seal (XM-L2 U2 | 1x18650 or 2xCR123A)

yeah… that’s the one… expensive but an interesting light no? not too mention it myriad options of using different kind of batteries:D

And you’re right… I don’t think TK61 is good as a rifle light, but on the other hand if you have somebody holding the light so you can just concentrate on using the rifle :wink:

Yeesh, $150 for a single 18650. Least they can do would be 2s config. As expected, light regulation takes a big hit. In fact, how did 7135s produce such drop? So weird. No point putting any more 7135 as even as is, they drop out of regulation almost immediately anyway.

The sad truth is, my $4.50 C8 has similar regulation graph. :slight_smile: No I’m not banging anything, but let’s face it, it’s similar. So, that’s a big fail point for such pricey light.

I was hoping to see Tom E’s mod on this though. Looks like it can reach 400k-500k with proper touch. But then again you can’t mod this easily with the proprietery switch mode selection, so you’re kinda limited to its driver (and horrible regulation).

One very similar light is the Dereelight Xsearcher. It has a 70mm head with an XP-G2. Advertised throw is 200kcd stock. I know for a fact that it can be modded to put out 477kcd but I still think the Wolf Eyes Seal has more potential with its 83mm head and a driver that some say looks to be very mod friendly. I am saving my money. I want one!

I kinda agree with you on the overpriced part.

Until now there is no any budget/clone version of big aspherical lens flashlight yet to make comparison, but judging from the average driver it has with visible PWM and not even has low voltage protection? While everything seems average the only good things are it is built with good quality and the mode selector ring is a bit “special” there, but ones still cannot know if the mode selector ring is a gain or loss.

No choice, if you want something with a big aspherical lens like this you have to pay this price, until someone comes out a cheaper alternative. But it really looks like having a hell of a modding potential and throws like no other.