Review: Xeno E03 XM-L (Pic heavy, beamshots)

Yep, that is normal behavoir and it won't light if its like completely drained. But if you use a normal alkaline AA which is just somewhat depleted and switch it on to low mode and let it drain, it would continue to be lit up for quite a number of hours, something like 1 lumen and slowly down to approx 0.1 lumen. This picture shows the low mode of the iTP A1 EOS (if i remember correctly) vs Xeno E03 which was slowly draining away for a good number of hours on just a normal zinc carbon batt for a good 6 hours.

The thing is that the Xeno E03 starts in medium first which needs a fair bit to kick start it, before you can switch into low. But once in low can cruise all the way slowly till 99.9% depletion.

The Fenix PD10 clip will work. The diameter might be a little small at first so you'll want to open it up a bit with a pair of pliers. Covering the inside of the clip with plasti dip (or similar) or even a piece of scotch tape cut to fit will help prevent scratching of the ano.

first let me say thanks for creating this site. secondly that E03 has a new interest to me especially at $30. I need to ask where to buy one of these in the USA?

thanks and hello to all.Smile

If you want to use a US dealer, you need to go through Tactical HID:

http://tacticalhid.info/e03

Fast shipping and they will stand behind what they sell.

Otherwise, you can buy from hkequipment.net. They are a hong kong dealer, but they have a pretty solid rep.

THANKS!

I use my H51 removable rubber pocketclip on my Xeno E03

Image below of beamshot comparison between Coolwhite Xeno E03 and SC50+

Ordered a blue one from tacticalhid on Friday and it showed up today! Awesome light, thanks for doing the review.

Finally got my 14500 cells today and all I can say is "HOLY COW!!!" This will for sure be my EDC light of choice from now on. I have brighter lights, but none of them will fit in my pocket. I have been EDCing a Fenix PD30 and this light puts it to shame. And it was less than half the money. I am one happy camper!

I agree. The E03 is my new EDC light, it fits in my wallet right next to my knife. Loaded with a 14500 it is super bright.

Look great

I am waiting impatiently for mine.

Saw Hkequipment have them on reduced prices, 29.99 for Xml cw and 27.50 usd for R5.

Me too

Since you are not from the US, you can opt for the NW version at $31 shipped, just mention you are from BLF (email). Interesting, they still have the XP-G. Much cheaper than getting from tactical hid.

Waiting for mine too, T6 CW, bought from HKE for $26.99 :P But... don't know, I think XML will be too floody for my taste. Should have bought R5 instead I think. Well, will see when it arrives :D

How'd you get that price? the least they would sell me one for is 29.75

Buy more stuff from one or two vendors?

I bought two and made an offer of $28 but he sent me an email and said they are already very cheap and 29.75 is the best he can do.

HEh heh....dunno then. Sometimes the prices are dictated on how much stocks they imported as well.

My black NW arrived. 1.2A-.85A-.26A modes on 14500 flamefires. I suppose IMR's are necessary to bring out the XML's power. 3C tint is quite nice, and the hotspot is OMGHUGE.