Review: XinTD C8 SC-82/V4 (3C neutral white)

This is for you, W.

Just did the 150, 320 and 400 and haven't polished it yet. An artistic observation from a person of demonstrated discernment and taste, must be respected.

tailcaptwistFoy

Ewww I like that. Now you need to grind off the crenalated bezel to match.

I’m not going to make any revelations here - just to say that my V4 arrived today and it is everything that Foy says it is. I only have one other C8 style light, the Romisen RC T601 II U2, to compare it against. The T601 was modded by Essexman with a 105c driver.

I put a fresh Efest lMR 18650 1500 mAh in each. I don’t have any measurement gear so I can’t give you any accurate numbers. However, I do know that the T601 put out about 770 lumen when it was measured in an IS last year. To my eye the V4 is easily as bright and has a much warmer tone, far more pleasing to the eye. Everything looks much more natural, not so washed out.

I measured a steady 2.85A on high mode for the V4 and 2.8A for the T601.

And the icing on the cake is the firefly mode on the V4.

All I can say is “buy one”. You won’t regret it.

Now there's the option to buy it with a 80CRI Minimum LED, nice.

I saw that this morning. Would love to try that.

itneverendsFoy

where’s my wallet, I’ll blame this one on salesmanfoy.

So what it is supposed to mean for beginners ? Better color rendition ?

I just bought one with 3C tint few days ago.

Yes, but compared to T6 will be less bright and will be on the border with the warm white, so a warm-neutral .

Got my XinT today after more than 1 month and I love it.
Ordered some blue rubberswitchboot things too.
How do I install them?

Toppel

You need a pair of tweezers or pliers, lock them into the 2 small holes and rotate the cylinder aluminium anticlockwise till its completely out then all the switch elements will detach if you press it on the opposite side.

I got mine shipped with blue button installed by just asking what was the switch color was default (Foy mislead me from this review it was now blue stock). But green GOTD glow brighter.

Thank you! Worked!
The blue one is more smooth and the clicky is easier to press now.
Also the colour fits quite better.

Only the memory works not that good.

My 80CRI version is somewhere over an ocean, hopefully first part of next week . . .

Foy

I thought you might have ordered the x3 foy tbh, my 80cri x3 is on its way, cant wait.

Mode memory kills it for me. Thanks for the review foy.

The driver can be flashed with DrJones' Nlite code, which gives the option to enable/disable memory with star #4...

Neutral White - XM-L2 T4 5B1 (80CRI Min.)
Neutral White - XM-L2 T6 3C ( +$1.99 )

Anyone owns both and if so what tint you prefer?

A high CRI thrower, lol. I guess useful if you're planning to do some long range spotting down at the art gallery. :p

I got the x3 in the hi cri 6a1 tint, if anything its got potential to be more of a thrower than the c8, I just couldn’t possibly imagine not having that emitter now tbh.

But to take a non flashaholics perspective.
I just put mrs gords to bed, left the x3 on moon low as a bedside light (new house, we’re not set up yet) she said its very pleasant and relaxing compared to my usual night light choices.

She couldn’t care less about hi cri or tint, but she actually noticed it was a nice thing to have, I’d say go hi cri, I cant see how you’d regret the decision unless its the only thrower you have available. The only bad thing is that my 4c xp-g trustfire t2 (the very emitter that turned me on to tint) that I’m using looks too white now lol.Guess that’ll be going hi cri xp-g2 soon.

I have got the high cri version, and I’m very pleased with the tint, and its very bright on high.

Any idea why the T6 is more expensive than the T4 high CRI?