Review: Zeusray CREE XM-L2 zoomable flashlight

It is too long. I tried it with my protected panasonic 3400 and it was too long to close the cap.

Which ones? Panasonic doesn't sell any protected cells, they're all aftermarket. The green ones with Chinese IC's are usually amongst the longest, >71mm.

Thanks for the review.

EDIT: For some reason, I tried it again and it worked…… I had to force the last few screws on the tailcap in order to get it to close tightly. My battery length is 70mm. Any longer and it will not fit.
Sorry about the mistakes. Good think you can help me catch them XD

Are there enough threads on the tail cap to put an o-ring as a spacer to make it longer?

Be careful not to crush the cell. They're made exclusively for incorporation into battery packs so have thin walls, not strong steel cases like alkaline or NiMH cells. Sharply dented cells should be recycled. Remember, a screw gives you an enormous mechanical advantage.

I’m using AW’s protected 18650 (2200 mAh, had it for several years) and those fit without a problem on mine
(also, both of mine tailstand ok, so maybe the switches are different depths than on those that don’t tailstand and don’t easily take protected cells).

Good Day,

Could someone Please tell me what is the inner diameter of the "battery tube" for the Dealmetic Zeusray flashlight?

I am wondering if a 3xAAA Battery holder will fit (I doubt it).

Thank You Very Much,

George

I think the 3xAAA battery holders dimensions are approx 59mm L x 23mm ø , which would be a dropin for a 26600 light [which I don’t think they make] or if you used a spacer

The measurements are roughly (with tape measure and eye) 66mm long inside(plus springs, mine takes Trustfire flame protected no problem) and 18mm wide a 3xAAA carrier will not fit

It out I run Panasonic 18650 Bs in mine by the way great beam sbots! First time I turned mine on I couldn’t stop grinning I have 3 of them first the xml t6 when came out and when the xml2 hit the market I wa the first to get one and now two!

Great little light, thanks for the review.
Super fast shipping to Virginia.
Very hard to beat this value!
Nice brightness and great run times!
I got at least 2 hrs of high output on a Panasonic 3400 without a noticeable loss in brightness.
At 3.5 hrs the brightness drop is noticeable.
The heat generated is not unbearable and much less than a thrunite TN 12.
Great find! I’ll be picking up a few of these.
Wish they made a 26650 version of this.

I have two reservations on this light. Using lights like these almost daily, I can tell you that a more substantial tail cap would be welcome. This is to help avoid cross-threading by having something to hold onto. This alone is a deal breaker. Second, I do not see that the switch is serviceable. Personally I like to be able to service a switch in case of failure. This is an issue with many of the cheaper zoom lights. Am I wrong about the switch being serviceable; please correct me if that is the case?

These are my opinions and I will stick by them. Yours may vary. Otherwise is it a good price and a good attempt at making a YACBZ (yet another cloned budget zoomy) :slight_smile:

Ur opinion and insight are appreciated and respected, however I can’t help but feel that the value I got for $7 is so much more than my expectations! An awesome little light for the money relative to the pricy lights that I have the privilege of owning. Just my 2 cents.

I've modded mine by replacing it with an Omten - real nice now, max output, copper wired the spring, etc. Yes - servicable, not ideal of course. I paid more money on lights with a worse switch setup. Couple of ways to get them apart - I drilled a couple of holes, then could twist it with a needlenose to wiggle it out. Got the pics posted on one or more of the ZeusRay threads. Sorry, the info is pretty scattered. Two or 3 reviews are now posted as well.

Link to all my pics so far on it: http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/TomE2012/library/ZeusRay. I got two, one more on backorder.

ohh - might add I rarely seen a pill top this thick, even on lights that cost 15-20X more!

Thanks Tom. That is what I was wondering. I’ve been buying zoomies like this for over 5 years. Never paid more that $9 to my door. They went from a screw in switch retaining ring to a pressed in plastic piece with threads in the tailcap, and now I see a smooth press-in wall. What switch did you pull out of there?

The one I really enjoyed mod’ing was from DinoD… until the price went way up. It is a Tank007 TK-736 host.

Beware, however; they don’t ship with the reflector. …not that they are needed if you epoxy the emitter.

Tail switch TomE is right too many scattered threads about this light and I don’t have the savvy to put them all together, but Vince from Dealmetic has been in touch with me and also asking what other type of lights we would buy in quantity and how could they i.prove it.
Question:is anybody willing to link all the threads about this zoomie and Dealmetic , They are a new start up company that is willing to take our suggestions and incorporate them.

Upper left corner of every page, Custom Search window, type in “dealmetic”

Result: Search results for '' - BudgetLightForum.com

They’ve got stuff to sort out; I asked about a light available from the Los Angeles warehouse because every time I click to buy, I end up at the Chinese page with the international shipping and customs declaration. They asked me what shipping should cost from US to US location ought to be; I gave them the U.S. Postal Service page for First Class Parcel rates and told them adding something for handling is often done.

They need to figure out how much of a deal they want to give — I think they got value for doing that on this zoomie, if they want to listen to feedback —- if they offer us the solid pills separately, or the host bodies, I”ll continue to think that.

They have a LOT of fairly common cheap (not “budget” but literally cheap) lights.
Most of them could be greatly improved by feedback here, like this Zoomie has been.

If they just want to change to market stuff like every other seller, where they’re nothing special — it won’t surprise me.
People usually find the leverage points, then push in the wrong direction — as Donella Meadows observed.

Good Day WarHawk-AVG & fireblade893,

Thank You Very Much for the info....

Best Regards,

George

I’m interested in this zoomie, but the most important thing for me in a zoomie is how wide the flood is. Does anyone have both the Zeusray zoomie and a zoomie with this host (goes under a lot of names): http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10002775/1206500-cree-xml-t6-xm-l-t6-5-mode-zooming-led-flashlight

The one I linked to has by far the widest flood on any zoomie I’ve seen. I’d like to know how the Zeusray compares with it.