Samsung LH351D 5000k 90CRI LED $0.74 with Free Overnight Shipping

I also ordered a couple XHP50A emitters from EU warehouse nearly 3 months ago, received 'em in the same holy sheesh cardboard vault packaging as maukka's order.

^:)

I posted the same thing regarding tint in the “What did you mod today?” thread. I put these in an Emisar D4 and the tint is definitely on the green side. It does have good color rendering and I don’t notice the tint as much unless I am comparing the beam to a Q8. For me it is slightly less green than the Nichia 219C that I had in it before. Thermals are just as bad as the Nichia emitters. I think not being in a flashlight with a reflector helps since it does not seem as bad as the posted C8. I will post some pictures later tonight.

This is the model I put in the D4.
SPHWHTL3D50GE4RTMF

Interestingly, the output is very slightly higher than the 4000K LH351D from AEDe it replaced in this C8. 665 lumens turn-on vs. 650 with the D.

According to the datasheet it is slightly more efficient 160lm/W for the LH351C compared to 153lm/W for the LH351D.

My LH351Cs are on the way but, can someone give me a hint with regards to their die size? Given that efficiency, if their die size is XP-Gx class (≈2mm²) and they dedome right, they'll make astounding CRI90+ throwers.

Cheers

Didn't pay much attention… Indeed interesting.

I guess this means we are going to witness at least an LH351C output test, right?

Thanks in any case.

Cheers :-)

Mine has arrived. Paid about $3.75 for handling fee.
That was very fast shipping to Asia.

Threw 4 of the LH351D 5K 90CRI from the OP in a S41S tonight. It's late so I just tried it out real quick. Has even less green tint than I reports for the LH351C above. Just a very slight green outside of the corona. I really have to look for it to see it. The beam is less throwy and smoother than the C. Also has slightly less output. Color rendition is great too, but the C seems to have slightly better color rendition to my eye.

I asked my wife what she thought of the green tint of the C earlier tonight. She said it was pretty slight too.

Hoping to get my lumen tube running again this weekend to measure output of a stock S41S 219C 90CRI, and the S41S's with the LH351C and LH351D. Regardless of the output, I prefer the color rendition and tint of both the LH's over the 219C.

My box was quite excessive, but it was amortized over 20 emitters and they didn’t mess with an inner box.

This is not probably the thread for the XHP35, but here’s the one I got from Arrow in an Olight M2T.

Visually it’s very even in tint. Slightly green/yellow, but not very visible if I don’t have a reference 3000K with perfect duv to compare it to. Basically correctable to super nice with a minus green filter as the tint is not all over the place.

Nice results for the XHP35!
Did you get the Samsungs as well? I’m curious about the other LH351C 5K 90CRI. I’m on holiday so not near my Arrow delivery.

Not yet.

And here we go with a 804 filter on the Mid2 mode

got mine today :slight_smile:

They could of put these little emitters in bubble wrap envelope but no they decided to impress flashaholic with fancy boxes + free express shipping. Even local shop (cutters.com.au) can not compete oversea seller :smiling_imp:

My Samsung shipment arrived as well! This time the box was a bit smaller.

I’ve reflowed the 351D’s on to a BLF Q8 and a Convoy M2 with a FET+1 Driver and bypassed springs. My results with the Q8 match Ima4wheelr’s, it’s a very neutral white light with just the lightest hint of green in the corona (less than a 219c). The CRI looks great and colors pop. In the Convoy though I’m getting a noticeable blue tint shift as if the LED is being over-driven on the highest mode. I applied a thin layer of thermal paste so it’s either drawing too much current or possibly a bad reflow? I think I’ll try reflowing it before I remove the spring bypasses, as everything I’m reading indicates it should be able to handle it. It’s weird though because the springs are bypassed on the Q8 as well.

Severe blue shift is usually caused by lack of solder on the emitter’s thermal pad. Just today I had to do one reflow again, because that happened.

Thanks for the confirmation, I’ll try reflowing it and see what happens.

I used an aluminum star heated it up too hot and the trace for the led positive wire was lifting off causing the blue tint shift, so something else to look for.

I've already done a lot of emitter reflows, partly because I reflowed a full 100-pack of Osram 5730 emitters for my kitchen lamp among others of course. Not many mishaps. That turning blue emitter thingie never happened to me, this must be due to the care I put in the solder paste layer, without skimping on it. I start with a nice dab which I extend over all the pads in a cover it all flat layer, then remove any excesses between the pads with a toothpick. Perfectionist but little time consuming once mastered. And of course, slow pace temperature ramp up taking care to never go above 210 - 220°C.

Cheers ^:)