SHADOW JM07 PRO "Stone White" Limited Edition Flashlight

i agree with you. I am not here to argue or fight.

price one of important criteria. I felt the light is pricey.

After my initial study I found LED flashlight market is not matured and most of the cases price is not justified.

Well i'd agree with you that the UF-2100 has the best value. It is my keychain EDC actually... and the PWM is at 4.1kHz. That's crazy performance for $14.50. I may change that out for a Sunwayman V10A (i got a somewhat faulty one that does not do NiMH but lights up with 14500, though it jumps from 0-50 lumens and then straight to like 230 lumens...but i got a full refund..heh). You can read my review - i am digging that UF-2100 light.

The 26650 gets you 4500mAh of cap, so you can try to find some 2 x 18650 lights that are in this region, to do stuff like say (a) same size or (b) no PWM or (c) HA or (d) with NW tint option ....... can't think of any man. This is actually considered $49 shipped (we take that 2x18650 cost you 10 bucks) :)

If the prices are not justified, there is always DIY. Like folks always say the DRY triple XM-L is not justified, but till now i have not seen a single one that can come close to it. It's not always 100% working when you get it, but it's working reliably once repaired - plus constant support.

As in any biz, people need to earn a living. Me included, in my businesses. Flashlights is a very small fraternity as far as hobbies are concerned, it's never 1 XM-L for 6 bucks, driver for 4 bucks, alu tube and HA for $10, machining labour for $5 so there it's $25 for the JM07 Pro, thank you very much. Even for the C8, it's probably never more than 1000 units per run. In mass production, that is still very small and just beginning to enjoy some economies of scale.

This is limited to 50 pieces and the first 20 people get a free battery.

If it would have been produced in 20.000 pcs like the UF-2100, then it would have been lower in price and not a special product no more.

If I take your price criteria then I can start sayin that every Sunwayman, Jetbeam is expensive and have enough to talk for a year.

The guys on CPF would say it's cheap, considering what the guys around there pay for limited edition flashlight. :)

I source stuff from China and Taiwan. Man, in Yiwu, they tell you to buy in containers before you get crazy prices. Do you know some consumer goods which enjoy branding and commands say $300, only costs like $1-2?

just to clarify.

my posts are not againts http://www.intl-outdoor.com or Hank. I feel they very good lights with very good price compariang other online stores.

I wanted to say. price should not more justifabale , I dont mean afforadble. as it depends on individual capacity.

most of lights don't carry warranty.

Well, I do not if i buy consumer goods for $300 a piece, but which product would that be? You live in SG, which is one of the largest transportation hubs in the world, no wonder you get low prices from manufacturing countries.

I actually know that you have to but whole containers to get crazy prices, because I tried sourcing PVC products myself.

However if Shadow would have been made by Ultrafire, the whole market would have been flooded with their designs under various brands.

NW xml $10, Aluminum $10, circuit $10, lens $5, clicky $2

so even if the knurling, threads, fins, anodizing and shipping are free...the light is clearly not over priced...

it should be compared to other 26650 lights...

edit: i should have said, not overpriced to me, since I can't make or buy one at any significant savings

is this price bulk price? few thousands? or at least few hundreds? also there is no VAT added.

I have few manufacturing price of some lights. you may not believe me.!!

Long time i have never been to Zhuhai/Shenzhen already, that's in Guangzhou. My father was actually born there (I'm Cantonese). heh...

That place where i mentioned, YiWu World Trade Centre in Zhejiang province, yeah there were hundreds and hundreds of different models, and that's 3 years ago. (LEDs just getting popular). In China and Taiwan, they were already using LEDs like nobody's business a good couple of years ago in bulk. In Taipei they just dangle red LED strips for kilometers for road works, as if they are free.

I am sure quite a few of us know more or less the price, i mean at least for those who have been in the society for at least 10 years. It's not and never the price, in every biz it's the same, it's how you run a business. Like how did wickedlasers got that "rich"?

my price. any other is irrelevant.

edit: the point is, the market value of an item, to a consumer, is not dictated by manufacturing cost alone. It could cost $500 to manufacture and be offered for sale to me at $100, but if I can buy a suitable substitute for $50, and it cost $1 to manufacture that, wtf do i care? I plan to own this light, although not in white, and the products you listed are not, imho, suitable substitutes.

I'm probably in too late for the free battery, but as I was interested in getting a version of this light anyway, may as well give it a whirl.

I'm sure we'll hear for sure from Hank (I have no affiliation w/ intl-outdoor)...but the page for this light shows 45 units left...so if I'd guess there are more 'free' batteries to be had...

Doh! Didn't even spot that current stock was listed on the page.....

In that case, I should indeed have an extra battery to go with my hi-amp (green wrapped S12 spec.) 4Sevens 26650s - nice.

By the way, Hank, any chance of producing 32mm to 26mm battery adapters for MagD modders to get 26650s in their 1D cut down Mags? I know that 1.25"OD to 1.00"ID plastic tubing is pretty common in the US, but in the UK, metric tubing just doesn't some in handy sizes to make battery sleeves.

Anyone heard about this recently?