Show us your motorbike. Stll, action or broken.

What's a motorbike? I've only been on two wheels once and that was because I was trying to see if I could do one of those car stunts where they run on two wheels. Good thing it was a demo derby car.SurprisedTongue Out

Pictures or it never happened. :cowboy_hat_face:
I never know with you Mr OL’s. You are always full of surprises. :wink:

The Yamaha has been sold since this was taken and a few others have been added to the herd.
Enjoy!

Later,
Keith

I’ve had this KZ 1000 LTD since 1978.
I have a broken 1984 TT600 Yamaha in the garage too, I think it’s got a bad valve — something
is hitting the piston and I haven’t got around to pulling the motor.

35 years. What an effort. How many miles have you clocked up? Comes complete with Supertrapp muffler. I dont remember Aus getting this style of bike here.

Nice collection Muto. Whats the story with the chopper? It looks like an old bike with a new motor.

Thats what those people down under and across the pond call a dirtbike or streetbike :wink:
They also dont know how to spell color but its okay :wink:

and whats todays date? 11.1.14. and we wont go with aluminium. :wink:

Nope, today is 1/10/14 (1/11/14 in your land ;))

OMG forgot about aluminum!!! That kinda gets me, its not al-um-min-e-um >)

I guess the DNF applies to chemistry class too 8)

Heres one of my fathers and I old bike getting stripped for restoration. Any guesses for what it is?

40s Indian?

Not really a “motorcycle” man, more of a dirtbike guy but would be a bit easier to tell from the side. Not the best angle for an rook to guess :smiley:

After CBX125, had this exact same workhorse (down to the yellow shock covers) which was towed home in decrepit state. Got it cleaned up, stripped the engine, rebuilt cylinders/pistons and swopped inner tubes, she fired up ok! But one fine day, slid on a water patch located around an uphill bend with a zebra pedestrian crossing and ripped open my elbow plus forearm on the tarmac. Fairing was still intact. Overestimated the leaning angle on those knobblies! Those were my pre-super motard tyre days. Had a phobia of leaning low into corners for several years. Only tech problem I had with it was the leaky fuel petcock. It also took some effort to squeeze between traffic due to the wide handle bars and handguards. Big advantage in being able to jump kerbs and cross lane dividers though! 0:)

WLA ?

Going by the left side engine cover style, could it be the HD WLA (WW2)?

PS : Sc, you beat me to it!

Close but no cigar guys. Edit. Its slightly earlier.
Knobbies on the bitumen is scary at the best of times. The Serows never took of here. They were a good little bike with the electric start. Hows the elbow these days?

Did I read in this thread it takes bigger balls to ride a dirt bike than a street bike. I ride both and if you are riding either to it’s limit, the street bike rider’s balls are way bigger.
Have had plenty of crashes in dirt and never thought I was going to die, on the street I have thought I was going to die several times.

As she looked with her previous owner! As I use her all year round much less clean now!

First bike was a Velocette LE, next one (next year) a ZZR1400

Also have a GSX in need of an MOT, likewise a C70

Led case lights (top and side). Control unit has been designed and produced by me :bigsmile:

Great !

I would consider a top box just for those lights !

2002 YZ250 (taken in 2005). Bought it in 2003 and my brother is still riding it! Been through six top ends and one bottom end over the years.

My best friend's 1991 RM250 in action (my father underneath) - 2005

My 2006 YZ250 with best friend's CR500AF - 2007

2006 YZ250 in action - 2011

Oh... and a good "blooper" video thrown in for good measure!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/zY6tHuu-6MA

Agreed! Serows are mountain goats with agility which I absolutely share no semblance to. If not for the button start, I would have suffered with my knee arthritis on a kickstart. Elbow was stitched up pretty good for the multiple lacerations. Feels a little stiff still but surviving. Nowadays I’m itchy looking at a used Yamaha TW200 because of the fatter tyres :

They have a retro kit for kickstart but maybe not for me.