Sipik SK68 Clone - 3-mode. First impressions. (Picture heavy)

Don't think it's a typo; too many Ebay sellers been doing the same thing just recently. But you're right, of course, who do they imagine will buy? Begs the question WTF are they doing? Unless it's the old trick of briefly hiking prices by several hundred % so that they can legally anounce an eye-catching

90% OFF!! HURRY WHILE STOCKS LAST!!

Be interesting to see how long they hold these barmy prices..

My first post has been updated with information and a couple of pics of the 3-mode Ultrafire branded Sipik SK68 clone. The first 3-mode light I ordered from eletrading had no text on the side while the second one I got was the Ultrafire version. The information & pics can be found after Update2. There is also more information about this 3-mode Ultrafire version in this post by Lensman.

SO 2 of of the 3 lights shown above you bought from eletrading, you randomly got a unbranded and a ultrafire one and the unbranded version from them and the unbranded has more focused beam and wider lens, but is a bit less bright?

@ Dimlux: Yes, I'm curious now, too. All this time I've been thinking your UF clone was a single mode...

EDIT:

So basically you had the same experience I did; you bought two three mode Sipik clones, one of which carries the UF logo (and it doesn't like tailstanding), the other is unbranded. You purchased both yours from the same Ebay listing (eletrading), whereas I bought mine from two different Ebay sellers, topicshop and ntxmas, although we're pretty sure all three of these sellers are actually the same person/company. Hmm..

I ordered 3-mode Sipik clone on Ebay (picture says it is Ultrafire brand) for $8 a few days ago. Now it's $52. LOL.

I think they just hike up the price when they are out of stock. Perhaps save on listing fees or something?

Technically 2 of the 4 lights shown above are bought from eletrading . There are 4 different lights in the pics:

• No name single mode Sipik clone from tomtop_w, named as "tomtop_w" in the pics
  • No name 3-mode Sipik clone from eletrading, named as "3-mode" or "3-mode no name" in the pics
  • Ultrafire single mode Sipik clone from Manafont, named as "Ultrafire" in the pics
  • Ultrafire 3-mode Sipik clone from eletrading, named as "Ultrafire 3-mode" in the pics

I have one unbranded 3-mode and one Ultrafire branded 3-mode from eletrading. Both are pretty much equally bright, only the tint is different and the unbranded 3-mode (with the wider lens) has a more focused beam.

I have two UF Sipik clones, one single mode UF Sipik clone and one 3-mode UF Sipik clone that arrived today from eletrading. Since I have 5 Sipik clones it might be confusing to keep track of them.

The Ultrafire featured in the pics before Update2 is the single mode Ultrafire.

The Ultrafire featured in the pics after Update2 is the 3-mode Ultrafire from eletrading that I received today.

I hope that made it a bit clearer.

Edit to answer Lensman's edit

Yes.

with al these re-listings it gets impossible to find out the same offers :s

I received a Sipik clone From Ebay seller Topicshop today

It is a 3 mode (as ordered) an it has Ultrafire and Cree Q5 on the side, the light output is about the same as the Sipik (-8% difference same Amp.). It does not trow as far as the sipik because the die is a XR-E (EZ1000)

The original Sipik is also a XR-E but with the smaller (and higher surface brightness) EZ900

Also the 3mode UF is rougher ,wobbeley tailstand, and is not tailcap interchangeable.

Yep, sounds just like mine. IMO the unbranded version which I received - same day, different packet - is definitely overall nicer than the UF, though in some ways this quality difference is subtle rather than obvious. And tbh, for all I know the UF internals may be better made..

In theory it should be a straightforward matter to add a note to seller specifying they send whichever version we choose, but for all the notice they're likely to take you might as well request that they send your torch stuffed inside a dead badger.

Dimlux, just out of curiosity, do you prefer one three-mode version to the other?

For throw I prefer the unbranded one since it has a tighter beam and a cooler tint. I have yet to test the run time of the Ultrafire version, but according to my measurements the Ultrafire's tailcap draw is quite a bit lower than the unbranded one (0.68A on high vs. 1.11A).

Both versions have their pros and cons but atm I prefer the Ultrafire version even with its protruding boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-Q5-LED-Zoomable-Zoom-200lm-Camping-Torch-Flashlight-Light-/170754743854?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item27c1c69e2e#ht_3794wt_1153

again for a reasonable price but advertised as 200 lumen :)

Thanks for the heads up. I bought 1.

Thanks, I've purchased two of them. It will be fun to see which type they will send me.

Got two of these from tomtop... awful... the light is pretty good, but...it worked only 10 min from fully charged 900mA 14500 and only 2 min from 1800mA AA :(

Contacted tomtop and they asked to return... will request shipping cost refund as well for that junk.

Both of them did that? 2 minutes from an AA does not sound right at all. True, 14500 does not last long but I suspect it should be more than 10 minutes. I will test my tomtop sk-68 out tonight with AA and 14500 for runtimes.

Are yours single mode?

Both identical, single mode..both died exactly after 10min - one just turned off, second - flashed, when died.

Thought that 14500 were not fully charged, but after re-charge - exactly the same :(

My other Q5 flashlight with 18650 lasts for 5h, so I would expect at least 45 min- 1 h from these two.

QUOTE: Both identical, single mode..both died exactly after 10min - one just turned off, second - flashed, when died. QUOTE

you are describing fully discharged batteries

Other than that, you got two lemons. I'd send them back if you are sure you have GOOD batteries.

instead of everybody posting tailcap readings, hasnt anyone actually cared to clock the runtimes on 14500 and Eneloops?

i will post Eneloop measurements later in the Romisen RC-29 thread. I am still busy with the C9000.

I will do some tests tonight with Trustfire flame 14500s and AA alkaline and post back.

I'm not sure what this is then? 14500 is a no go at the moment due to a non-functioning Xtar WP2.