SIPIK SK98 at Tmart (U.S. warehouse) - $8.05

Hi,

Sorry. Been testing, and you all are probably going to hate this, but I just did a test, and used the UBEBACK code, and their website seemed to accept it:

I’m still thinking that this UBEBACK code is good in July, so through 7/31/2013, and that other, SUMMER, code starts on 8/1/2013.

Sorry that I was unaware of this, but maybe this’ll help (or confuse) others.

Jim

I have the same light, but the one with the better solid pill for head disipation) and love its performance so far. Its going to get moded soon with a XML2 and better driver.

The SK-98 can definitely get too hot, especially if you don’t get one with a good pill. Even then though, the design tends to insulate the emitter when the zoom is on the wide setting.

I have a SK-98 clone from the xmas sale at wallbuys a while back. The good things about mine are:

• It looks almost exactly like the popular SK-68, only with a beefier emitter and bigger battery.
  • Though the clip is stiff, there’s plenty of room to clip it around relatively thick objects.
  • It zooms.
  • The wide setting produces a pretty nice, bright, reasonably even circle of light.
  • It didn’t cost much.

… and the bad:

• It’s big. Inconvenient to carry compared to other 1x18650 lights like a Convoy S3. I’d actually rather carry a C8 instead of a SK-98.
  • It can’t stay on long, especially on high, without overheating.
  • Next-mode memory.
  • The narrow end of the zoom isn’t very narrow (even compared to some other XM-L zoomies), so it throws a spot which is no more intense than the smaller SK-68 (the spot is bigger but not brighter).
  • The wide end of the zoom isn’t as wide as some other zoomies, such as an Ultrafire 838.
  • It can’t hold protected batteries. In fact, mine can’t even deal with 65mm unprotected batteries if I expect the tailcap to close all the way. I dented some batteries trying.
  • The output modes are too close together, without anything I’d call a “low”.
  • Slow PWM.
  • Mine was missing some O-rings and had others half-torn. The O-ring inside the zoom mechanism tore and fell into the inside between the lens and emitter after just a few zooms.

I don’t know about the exact flavor in the current deal, but the one I got from wallbuys went into my box of old lumens — with all the other lights I don’t use. Pretty disappointing, since I was excited about it until I tried it. I mean, bigger, brighter SK-68 — what’s not to like? As it turns out, potentially quite a bit.

I have Panasonic 3400 protected in my Ultrafire branded sk98. They just fit. Also I like the size, the beam tint is nice, the focus is smooth, and it’s a nice light to hold.

Cool. I’m glad to hear that they’re not all like mine. :slight_smile:

I’d love to hear what the items in the current sale are like, too.

Ordered one… Price was only 7,64$ to me. Might be a location thing.
Used “UBEBACK” coupon code which I was able to use after going through one of the paypal steps.
7,26$ 8)

Thanks, I just used that coupon too. I will compare this to my Ultrafire branded one.