Skilhunt H02 malfunction

H02 driver is pretty unreliable. Two common reason is either bad soldering between the board or reverse-polarity protection not working and the driver burning.

There was a nice custom replacement driver available.

I’m looking for one actually.
I broke the MCU of one i wanted to push out of a cheap headlamp…
Probably not worth it…
My H02 still works though, but i don’t use it often.

I have a Texas Ace custom FET+ 7135 driver with Tom E’s narsil FW, but I’m not going to put a $20 driver in a $25 light. Plus the SIR fet is totally overkill over just 1 emitter.

Seriously hoping for skillhunt to send me a spare driver…

I thought I would piggy back into this thread instead of creating another.

I have an H02 that has recently decided to only run in low. Checked the batteries and connections, everything seems good. Probably a driver failure. Can anyone confirm if this driver from MTN will fit the H02?

Thanks

i can, i installed it in mine h02, works great, however there is slight high frequency noise in most modes, it is silent on high, and iirc very low. not terrible, in most situations background noise would cover it up, but in a quiet room you can hear it. thou after about 15-20 min, you get used to it and wont notice anymore. at least that is my experience.

you’ll have to leave the part of original driver that has a contact spring, rip off the other part, remove\unsolder, all parts from it, than find + and - on that board, and solder new board’s input to that part of old driver.
my advice go for last option, moppydv.

thx.

One of the LD drivers would work with a momentary switch and not have any whine(no pwm).