Small.SureFire group buy up to $1200 max

Well I looked on e-bay and the few sellers that sell the A2, I have e-mailed all the ones that have good prices, so far none have replied. I guess maybe they just won’t ship to the UK. Just have to wait.

I know the xyzFire brands are generally pretty poor, I have crappy UltraFire cells that are labelled as 2400, but yet produce less than 900, so this being another “Fire” brand I have no illusions about it. but I have tried so many others. Over the years many lamps, OK, not in the 100’s , probably only 20 or so, of which I have 5 or 6 left, plus the 5 I have recently ordered.

I am just now on a mission to find something that I am happy with. Yes I can (and am) turn my own host, and am trying many of the smaller suggestions in previous threads. I have a Coast HP1, and a Sunwayman C21C in the post, all recommended on here, and am looking at the Convoy S2 hosts/ range now, trying got make sense of all the different ones…with / without Carlco optics…etc. Sk68, UltraFire

But the A2, even if I have to mod it, does seem quite close to what I am looking for, I just got to get one just to try it out. even if modding it later.

But I had a PM from someone else on the E-bike forum and they now have the 40% code.

True and I have ordered a good few of them,

Not so much Want to…but will if necessary. I’d rather not mod anything I had no intention of getting in this deep when I signed up here a couple of weeks ago, but it seems the only way.

Oh no, not the case. I have a load of budget lights from MyLEd “SingFire” brand comprising:
2x dual element headlamps,
2 x ’1200”( yer right !) Lumen bike lights (XM-L’s driven at about 0.5 amps)
the SF-132
SF 707C
plus 10 x 30Watt ceiling lights in my shed/ workshop
Not against the budget lights at all, I am still buying more of them, just finding time to go through all the suggestions on other threads. Looking at the Convoy S2 shot and options at the moment

Yea, I know, I was just blowing of steam a bit. When I posted the previous offer on the ES-forum, with th other 405 discount code, I had a 12 PM’s or direct e-mails within 6 hours. Was very surprised on here that SureFire were that bad for the price. and no one really wanted the, They way they have export restrictions and tactical stuff and fancy website, and appear to be an All American brand made me think they are better than they were. If I want quality kit and good customer service, that is where I usually go rather than a UK manufacturer and their generally poor Customer Service …Buck Knives, David Clarke headsets, EdgePro Inc knife sharpening, Snap On tools…OK Snap On are overpriced, but you break one and the dealer generally give a free replacement, no question asked

UMmm not really . I only posted a few on there as it was the first forum I cam across about lights. It turns out I registered over a year ago, but forgot about it and never posted till earlier this month. Then I decide to not post there any more, apart from respond to any subscribed threads

I’d not heard of the ’CPF” brands either, Nitecore, Fenix, HDS etc are all new to me. The only brand names I had heard of before last month were probably Maglite and LED Lenser. Nothing against budget lights at all… up till now for the last year or so I have only used MyLED.com. for lamps and Hobby King for LiPo packs for my e-bikes.

There has to be a freight forwarding company that serves your area. I get packages forwarded to me all the time when I am outside of the USA.

Take a look at SkyBox . I’m pretty sure that they ship out of Miami and London (you get a local address that receives your package) to just about anywhere.

LOL. You’re new to all this, and pretty late in the game, so it’s easy to see how you might not know about what you are saying. It’s also really amusing! (I hope you are able to laugh with me!)

SureFire is the brand. It’s not “a” xxxxFire brand. Surefire is like Maglite in terms of respect accrued. AFAIK SureFire brought out some of the first “bright” personal carry flashlights [long ago] with products like the 6P. SureFire is an entire culture on BLF. You can easily invest hundreds or thousands of dollars into a custom SureFire build. Multiple brands and individuals have entire accessory lines targeted at SureFire products.

Surefire is also well known among flashlight enthusiasts for providing approximately 1/3 of the performance at approximately 3x the price. Between those factors most folks probably consider Surefire to be overpriced by a factor of 10 or so? (I’m really just providing a super rough there, I don’t spend a lot of time considering the concept. “Exactly how overpriced is Surefire?” just doesn’t interest me that much ;))

Tens or hundreds of brands have emulated SureFire in various ways, from the name to the look of the flashlights. Names like UltraFire and TrustFire are inspired by the SureFire name & legacy.

+1

yes, but SF wont even ccept the order if it come from a credit cad registered outside the USA.

Myus.com ( a freight forwarding company ) have an option where they buy the item for you from shops that wont take payment from a non US credit card, they charge approx $10 for this service.

since the e bay sellers come in a lot under even the 40 discount, I can wait a reply.

no hurry

The other option would be to forget Surefire altogether and buy a Sunwayman D20A. The D20A has 2 LEDs, one white and one red and separately switched, if you dedomed the white XP-G2 emitter you would have a nice tight beam and the red LED has a convex lense to give a low level ( 4 lumens ) flood light that wont affect night vision.

I had looked at taht one.

but it is bulky
want to clip it to the headset when flying to use as head torch.
plus the red led…all the cockpit lights and crew lights in the back of the aircraft are white anyway.
we spend most of out time in IFR flight with head inside the cockpit doing ‘required bullshit paperwork’ not much time using night vision and looking outside. that is what air traffic control is for. The modern way of flying is that all the tossers up top are so concerned with ass covering that every bit of the flight is written down…so you spedn more time with yuour head inside filliing out bullshit paper work than actual real airmanship. so this stuff about keeping nigh vision…a myth from the old day when we were allowed to fly …and not be bloody office clerks

I do have a C21C sunwayman on order…with red led…but that is going to sbe swapped out as soon as it arrives…same fate would have met the A 2 aviator…it was the dual emmitter that interested me

This is beamshot of A2 Aviator that I can find and already modified, and I can’t see the pencil beam you talk about. Sorry to say, more like not driven high enough.

Since you will be using it as a headlamp, would a headlamp work, the Nitecore HC50 has 2 red leds and the Xtar H2 has one. If none of the Ebay sellers will ship the Aviator to you, I will do it.

The Nitecore HC50 is a nice quality head lamp, and if the group buy is still on here somewhere you can get it for $41 I think it was. It is very bright and has a nice low range too, and the red is great. Its not a “pencil beam” but is throwy for many headlamps. The Aviator A2 looks like the opposite of a “pencil beam” to me from the beam shots, Nitecore HC50 white may be throwier than it even…?