Sneak Preview: XinTD X3 (XM-L2 | 3xAA / 1x26650 / 1x18650)

hmmmm... the fact that TFF 26650s do not fit kind of sucks, as my only 26650s are protected TFF... need more anyways, this is my 3rd 26650 light with only two cells

the, do you have the jm26? if so how do they compare?

No ,but if this light will not fit ANY of my batteries other than AA's than it really is of no use to me. I have plenty of AA lights.My goal is to have lights that do not need proprietary batteries. I liked this light because I mistakenly thought it would run of every battery I had. I have 10 18605's and 8 25650's and none will fit this light .

It's my fault for not reading and comprehending !

As I said its my fault I should have read the description more carefully. I just ASS-U-ME D that, as well thought out this light was, it would fit protected cells.

we want some beamshot please :smiley:

i’ve been tempted over this xintd x3 or xintd c8 v4.

The length below 67mm is a big disappointment. I was looking forward to use this with any 18650

yall should get some unprotected pannys. they’re great cells that fit anything tight like Roche lights, X3, DQG tiny18650, etc.

Got mine ! works great with AAs nothing else fits , I guess I need some shorter batteries :0(

does it come with a 18650 sleeve?

Mine did not.

well, i got a couple. but it stinks that a light that size is so picky on cell size. any way to possibly change out a spring or shorten it?

Not that I can see . I am reluctant to do much to it sober . They offer batteries and a holster now so I might see if I can get a few . I was trying to get away from this type of thing .

Is it the protected 18650’s that do not fit?

Yes,and protected 26650.

What idiot engineered the battery compartment?

probably someone following specs of 26650 (26mm diameter, 65mm long, and cylindrical)

glad you said it!

Because the drivee has low battery protection, protected cells could have appeared to be redundant. Unfortunately, the oversite is bigger than this, because many own only protected XX650 cells.

I ordered two batteries and a holster from Hank. The batteries weren't very expensive, $6 I believe. I will just have to be careful when charging them. My 26650 charger is a trustfire so hopefully it wont overcharge them.

The unprotected flat-top king kong 26650 battery can work nicely with XinTD X3, the orginal price is $10 each, $5.93 per one now as special discount for the X3 owers, if you miss it when ordering the X3, please just send the battery payment directly to intloutdoor@gmail.com, we will ship accordingly.

Hank, when my X3 arrives, I'll take you up on your offer