So I'm looking for another 14500 light....

ThruNite Archer 1A V2 NW
$29.95

465lm for nw version
560lm for cw version

I think zhishunjia in chinese means . " what an elephant leaves after a big meal ."

The only one i ever had was horrible .When they described the amount of throw the light had ...they were talking about how far you'd want to throw the light after you actually tried to use it . in my case ,the light had a lot of throw ......i wanted it very very far away from me .

*avoid the elephant dung

Brightest 14500 http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-1a-v2-cw/

That thrunite archer has my interest, as does the fenix Ld11.

With the thrunite, does anyone know if the strobe will turn on by pressing the side button, with the rails with in off position?

Basically, I’m being this picky as I have an O-light M20 that has these functions, and is really like them in a smaller light. I carried the M20 for a couple years as an EDC, to the demise of many many pairs of jeans lol.

This!

Exactly what I was going to recommend. Fantastic light at a great price.

It will not, no. The tail switch is an On/Off only and when Off the side switch does nothing.

Gotchya. Thanks for answering that. I’m kind of leaning a bit more towards the fenix at this point since it has a higher output. They’re comparable in price also. Decisions…lol

[quote=lilmatt119] Gotchya. Thanks for answering that. I'm kind of leaning a bit more towards the fenix at this point since it has a higher output. They're comparable in price also. Decisions...lol [/quote]

Not sure where you heard the Fenix has higher output. My Archer 1A V2 NW does 459 OTF with a 14500 and over 200 on a NiMH. The Fenix LD11 is only rated as 300 OTF lumens on a 14500 and just 130 OTF on a NiMH cell.

The ThruNite lists for just $40 while the Fenix has a street price of $50. Plus the ThruNite is available in your choice of CW or NW. The Fenix is CW only. ;)

The listing I found for the archer was saying it gave out 180 lumen, so that’s what I was going off of. If that is incorrect, then that just makes my choice that much harder…

The 180 is using AA/NiMH. My sample did even more than that. On a 14500 it's nearly double that.

Gotchya! Thanks for clearing that up.