So is the Manker MK34 good? Trying to pick a Christmas present.

Avoid the EC11.

I have it, it was one of the initial high output CR123A/18350 lights.

It works, but the tint is a horrible bluefish cool white with low CRI.

Also it only takes unprotected 18350 and there is no overdischarge protection. (The electronic switch is power hungry, so don’t forget to cut the circuit via twisting the body.)

Seriously Nitecore what are you doing… over and over again…

Man, and my TM16 is doing so well…

BTW - anyone have a coupon code they could PM me for an Olight H1 Nova? Andrew-Amanda has 25% off, but they don’t carry the H1.

Clearance sale now! MK34 and Bundle.

i hate the manker UI, especially since anduril became available

it is available on many of the multi cell lights though i cannot tell you which ones.

It’s an older pre-Andruil construction and can of course not be compared.
But the light has good quality and works well.
Paying the same price as for modern lights like D18 and MF01S doesn’t make sense though.

Agreed. The build of the Manker looks great, though. A triple quad setup is kind of fascinating. But yeah, at this point $100 on the MK34 seems a waste when you’ve got more efficient choices in Emisar, Astrolux, and Imalent. The MF01S is seriously impressive, but thermal management for that output level seems very challenging in that form factor.

You're leaving out the D18... how about that? Small, easy to handle and a nuclear furnace outputwise. And it's Anduril with ramping down to almost nothing.

The D18 is definitely also a good choice.

Yes, the D18 certainly looks good. That great video review that stacked up all those hand furnace lights showed the MF01S delivering a noticeably higher turbo output.