So who's getting the Massdrop brass Lumintop Tool?

Brass worms

Unfortunately Massdrop only attends the 48 Contiguous, so I’m out. I do like their e-mails, makes for some nice window shopping and an in on what unusual gadgets and items that exist and I may want :smiley:

Funnily enough, I just ordered myself a Tool AL.

Just got notice my flashlight shipped. Anyone else got the notice?

I purchased two of each version. Received my shipping info today.

More is better …

I got a notice also, but it does not look like they shipped today. Maybe next week? I am in no hurry . . . :beer:

Mine is with Fed Ex possibly a week away, Fed Ex will then hand it off to the USPS. :beer:

Yep, mine listed a delivery date of next Friday this morning. Nice!

Mine shipped via DHL Global Mail

So I guess we will finally get to see what the mode order will be. Will it be L-M-H, or M-L-H?

Hmm, sintornillos is getting one sent to Uraguay -

Lights arrived today … I am very pleased. I gave one of my 219 a quick hard boiled egg patina. Great little lights.

Both versions have great tints … very happy I made this call.

Now that folks are getting this light, I would be interested to know what the mode sequence is (L-M-H or M-L-H), and what the run time is on high. This post suggests that the light does not regulate or run very long on high, but I feel like I have seen other reviews that don’t agree with that. Would love for someone to review the actual light received soon.

Mode sequence is LMH. I got one with the Nichia. Low is about 3 lumens.

I got mine last night as well. LMH is the mode order. The driver appears to be different than previous versions too. The PCB in my 219b version is black. It will be interesting to see how this compared to the good and bad drives in previous version. I'm not sure if I like the UI, Turning the light on and off to change modes is certainly not my favorite UI, but it's not horrible with only 3 modes I guess. I do like that it can tailstand, unlike my copper version.

Just received mine today. LMH output with mode memory. Flashlight is sweet.

Mine does not have mode memory.

Mine came in today - modes are LMH without memory. The low does not appear as low as my Reylight Ti Tool. Nichia emitter - nice tint. Very nice light overall

thanks for the reports
so far this is what I think is true

1. NO mode memory
  2. LMH
  3. Low is 3 lumens like other Nichia Tools

The ReyLight Tool w Nichia has LMH modes with a 1 lumen low, I have a couple for sale if anyone is interested

fwiw, the MLH TiTool w Nichia is currently available for $25
MLH Copper Tools w Nichia is also available for $27

clip trivia
the new Preon clip, fully captive, fits the Tools also (photos courtesy of gunga)

We have the mode sequence nailed, thanks. Has anyone run the light on high yet til the output dims visibly? Would like to know if this is 15ish minutes or 40ish minutes

planning to do this with ceiling bounce app, maybe tonight but don't hold your breath.

Is the preoon clip a lot better than the tool clip? it must be more securely attached, but is the clip stiffer ?