Sofirn C01R deep red [sold out, discontinued]

green is hideous color to use at night/ dark etc… red is totally different.

There are many articles that say green is better than red. This one for example is a good read.

I used a green photon ii as my primary flashlight for years when I was younger. Great edc light. Terrible color. Monochrome anything will make everything harder but combined with green like that and if you are trying to find anything in grass/woods/vegetation good luck!

I have updated your desired quantity, see OP.

I have already asked Barry about this issue but have not received any answer yet. Please see my assumption below.

Thanks for your patience. AFAIK, the current status is...

• 500 pcs will be produced and should be available for shipping by mid of June 2020. All of them will have XP-E2 deep red (660nm). I do not have any information if there will be a second batch or if there will be another version with XP-E2 red (625nm).
  • C01R will probably be sold on www.sofirnlight.com only. Selling it on Amazon would definitely increase the sales price and will probably not pay off in terms of lot size, taxes and shipping costs. However, Sofirn may change their plan in the future.
  • The body color will be standard red, i.e. the same red as in C01S. Sorry guys but for reasons unknown there will be no red wine anodization for now.
  • The initial pre-order price is $ 7.99. I do not know if this price is going to increase or decrease. It seems that everyone can now (pre-)order. As Itsme mentioned before, the current order quantity is limited to 1 piece only. This might be Sofirn's strategy to ensure that initially everyone on this groupbuy list will get at least one C01R. Maybe this limitation will be removed later on as also happened in the LT1 groupbuy before.
  • The opening post is updated in terms of information being available as well as in terms of confirmed interested people on BLF and TLF.
  • Currenly, there is no manual available yet. I convinced Sofirn to include one for multiple reasons, mostly because legal regulations of the European Union require flashlights to not only have a CE logo but also a written manual enclosed with the product. Moreover, I think a manual is more than helpful when using two (reversible) mode groups that would be hard to find without any information. I try my best to ensure that the final manual will be included with the first batch of C01R. Thank you!

Cheers,

Thomas

so no wine red body color option ?

Interested, pre-ordered 1 light.

You can manually add multiple C01Rs by clicking the Add to Cart button for each C01R.

Excellent job Lux-Perpetua. Providing the emitter bin number is a nice touch!

Using high mode by default is good idea (I prefer LMH)

I EDC C01 numerous times. The C01S has lived inside the drawer. If firefly mode is real and the mode spacing is good, it just might be the killer key chain I’ve been looking for. (Like Thrunite Ti3 without memory). I have no particular use for red, so the plan is to swap in 219b sw45k or maybe 219b sw30k

Placed order
Thanks Lux for bird dogging this
Cheers
OS

Yes, for the moment. It might be possible that more colors come into consideration but I personally doubt it. The batch and the demand for C01R is way too small.

Excellent! I did not have time yet to test it by myself.

Please note that all parts of the manual highlighted in yellow are likely to change. I need to verify with Sofirn if C01R will really start on High mode by default, i.e. no mode memory. It is a completely new driver. Personally, I would prefer a start on low (sublumen-mode), too. :-)

Update: I just talked to Barry (Sofirn). C01R will be able to start both on Low mode and High mode, depending on the selected mode group (L-M-H or H-M-L). As Sofirn could not measure lumens, candelas etc. the NEMA/FL-1 ANSI chart will be removed. I will soon host the final manual on my Google sharepoint and post a link to it, as usual.

Update 2020/05/25:

• OP is updated. I removed the pictures showing C01R in black, red wine and sandblasted in order to avoid customers feeling distracted or discontented about the actual body color.
  • The (English) manual is more or less ready and can be found in post #2. Once finished, I will post the download links to both the English and German version. Please let me know if you see anything worth to add/change.

Is there still a site wide BLF discount code for sofirnlight.com?

Not that I am aware of. In my opinion $ 7.99 is an absolute bargain price.

(Pre-)Ordered one!
I am on the list for 2, and I will probably buy the other later, but this will allow other folks to get theirs too, in case there is a supply problem! :+1:

Preordered Mine

Red is not my favourite choice - But O.K.

Thank you Lux :+1:

I fully agree! I just plan on ordering a load of other bits and wondered that’s all

In that case I recommend contacting Sofirn first. No guarantee but they might be able to give you a volume discount for making a considerable order. ;-)

Order placed for one. Thank you. Hope they let us know when we can order the remainder.

Ordered 1 of these and a few others of the SST variants. Thanks for the heads up.

Ordered one, looking forward to getting it :slight_smile: