Sofirn C8 Quick Review

I see that they did the right thing with the new SP32A. (In my opinion. Double click to strobe is evil)

Operation Instruction
The Flashlight is set with one side switch, default group 1 when first time using.
Groups Setting:
From Group1 to Group2: from On, hold&press the switch for 3 sec, 3 blinks to confirm.
From Group2 to Group1: from ML or High (2 blinks at ML or High ), hold&press the switch for 3 sec, 3 blinks to confirm.
Group 1——6 modes
fast click to turn on, and click the side switch to cycle modes, ML→Low→Medium→High; Hold& press to turn off. When on, Double-click to activate Turbo, click to return to the original mode; Triple-click to activate Strobe, click to return to the original mode.
Group 2 : ——-Stepless dimming//Ramping Operation : PWM from 1% to 60%.
Fast Click to turn on, hold&press the side switch to ramp up and down; changing direction unless pauses for 1.5 sec, over 1.5 sec, the direction is the same, click to turn off. When on, 2 clicks to activate Turbo, fast click to return to the original mode; 3 clicks to activate Strobe, fast click to return to the original mode.
Lock-out Function: From off, 4X-clicks to lockout(2 blinks to confirm, Indicator Light is off in Lock-out); same to unlock.

Still I wish it was 4 clicks to change group and 5 clicks from off to lock-out. Or something else…
How many times are you accidently going to change group now instead of ramping from ML or High…

@Eagleshield

You can’t accidentally change mode groups from ramping. It’s poorly written instructions.

You have to hold down the switch and wait until it ramps from ML to High or High to ML, it’ll blink twice at high or ML to let you know you’ve reached the lowest or highest ramping setting, continue to hold the switch and it’ll blink twice again after 3 seconds to change groups.

Awesome torch for the price and they’ve recently made their own unprotected battery to go with it. It’s not Ultrafire, they just used the same pvc.

2 years old.

Sorry bring back an old thread.

Will the stainless steel bezel fit the 21700 Sofirn C8F?

The Convoy SS bezel fits the Sofirn C8F 21700 well. :sunglasses: I don’t know which other stainless steel bezels you are referring to.
There would be a dedicated thread for the new C8F 21700: Sofirn C8F 21700 Teardown and Review

Yep. Was just wondering if Convoy C8 Stainless bezel fitted the new Sofirn 21700 C8F.

In fact I did not test the stainless steel bezel but the normal aluminium bezel of a Convoy C8. The bezels of the Sofirn C8F and the Convoy C8 are perfectly interchangeable. So in the near future I will probably equip both flashlights with the Convoy SS bezel. Should look a lot nicer with the C8F! :laughing:

I just ordered one of Vihn's Oslon flat black versions, I cant wait to play with that.

Have fun, then. :smiley: The C8F is an awesome flashlight. :person_with_crown:

Fits C8F perfectly.

I’m new to the whole C8 club, but I just got a Sofirn C8A to dip my toe in to the more throwy lights. I’m much more apt to grab a floody light, but I’m looking forward to the time when darkness falls so I can give it a test and see just a bit further off into the distance. I know it’s not as throwy as the C8T or as powerful as the C8F, but I’m hoping it’ll be a good all-around light.

Do not pay attention to optics.
These are just examples of bezels of varying degrees of processing on various types of С8F models.