Sofirn C8F host. 21700 C8F Available

Check out Bilakos’s coupon thread; I think a pair of Sofirn 20700s was listed.

No idea what’s under the wrap, though.

Surely they would use 21700.

No updates in 2 weeks? Just a bump so people don’t forget about this new version coming out soon.

ARRGH!

Yep. This light is going to be the bee’s knees.

BTW guys, if you can find some new Dyson 22V/Dewalt 60V packs, like I did, you can find 20700s, or even 21700s if you are really lucky.

I asked Tracy at Sofirn and she says it will be releasing very soon! That’s good news.

I guess I can also mention it will be rated at 3,500 lumen. That’s a nice bump up from the 2,580 lumen of the 18650 version. It gets me excited. :smiley:

Production started yesterday.

Will hosts be available immediately?

No info about this but I asked now.

Info about final firmware:
Groups:
Group1: (500LM);
Group2:(100LM)- (700LM)- (1800LM)
Group3:10LM)- (100LM)- (500LM)- (1800LM)。
Group4 ramping: 1LM-1800LM
long press to moonlight 1lm,
2 click to turbo 3500lm,
3 click to strobe

Aaaaaand once again a light that needs the driver replaced upon arrival. Nothing new there, carry on, nothing to see….

That is why I will buy a host only and it will get a Fet+1 with Andúril. :smiley:

I really wish companies would offer hosts along side their own production from day 1. :weary:

I really wish companies would use BLF firmwares in production from day 1

I guess I’m not seeing what your seeing.

This seems a lot better than their old UI.

I’m curious to see why you think this require driver replacement? The UI looks really good to me with alot of mode groups to suit user preference.

A purist like Dale would never settle for anything other than the latest Narsil or Anduril with his own upgraded FETs, etc. I cant even believe you guys are asking. And this is no knock to him, I will do the same thing, as Zozz, etc.

Nevermind all the other comments less hardcore people have made that nothing compares to the Narsil ramping.

If they implement the ramping right I won’t complain. Despite the strobe being to easy to hit and despite not having a battery check.

It has lighted switch and it has two colors for battery check. I know it is not precise but better than nothing.

Indeed, I wouldn’t call that good but it’s definitely much better than nothing. Thanks for the note.

They also went with the one click on/off, right?