Sofirn C8T premier review/test - Like!

I still need to compare some lights here officially, but until I get my camera fired up… I DID finally get my C8T in a few days ago.

I compared it to my shaved SST-40 in my C8(s) Sofirn host built (with Lexel’s Bistro driver delivering 7-8 amps to the SST-40) and I have to say this C8T frikkin’ keeps up! I was expecting the long throw, but the general output (compared to the SST-40) is all around as good; and I actually prefer the warmer tint of the C8T. I spent about twice as much to build my SST-40 mod, and the Bistro UI is quite nice, but again… the C8T is impressive in many ways and quite the equal to my custom light here.

I also love the C8A and when I get some fully charged batteries, I plan to compare the C8T and C8A both, and also check them against my C8F (with shaved XPL V6’s). Again, need time and some topped off 18650s- coming soon!

Mya’ I suck… Spring (finally) hit here in Kansas and suddenly I’m out-of-time during darker hours (in bed). I am also chronically waiting for parts.

I’ll get my arse out there soon though. I’ll go for comparison beams between the C8T, C8A, C8F and Q8. I had driver issues with the shaved XPL version of my C8F that also is causing a delay- but Lexel is working on it. But I can build the same shaved XPL light out to a DD (which was the plan anyway- for gun use).

But for testing… I’ll borrow another C8A’s clicky tail switch (so not using the FET tail pressure switch for testing as it would be cumbersome). As I’ll be bypassing the side switch for this C8F gun light, I’ll otherwise use Lexel’s FET pressure switch when on the gun of course. I just need a rainy day or two to get me sitting at my bench with the solder station, then a night on the back deck with some camera I also need to dig up.

For now I can say the XP-L2 version of my C8F (the one working one with Narsil driver) has a good flood, but the throw isn’t as good as the shaved XPLs (I briefly tested with a problem driver now back at Lexel’s shop) :wink: I did finally get XPL HIs (V3s) also in (just a few days ago from KD- they are taking forever lately BUT they do eventually get here so fair enough). I’d like to build THAT light tested against the shaved XPLs (V6) — with Lexel’s driver I hope to get back and working soon.

Anyway, if I had all the parts, it would be easier to “geter done” :beer:

I got my C8T in two days ago, and holy crap the throw. Very yugeimpressive length. I’ve probably annoyed the neighbors with the spill alone lol. Jokes aside, I’ve easily and brightly lit up trees that are 825ft away, passing it’s 250m rating with flying colors. The reflector is gorgeous too. I’ll be testing it tonight while I’m camping, but it’s impressed me so far…