Solarforce "close-up" convex lens

No emitter contact on my AXML2

I’m running an older R2 low voltage P60 in an L2M and don’t notice any emitter contact, either.

Now if they only made one with a concentrated throw beam so I could use it in my gun light for a focused target beam...

They’re very nice. Worth the slight extra trouble of having a dedicated flood vs. a zoomie, for the very even broad illumination.
With a Nichia for good color rendering, especially.

I know this is an old thread but I’m not finding much else on this. Does anyone have any beamshots they could share? I’m looking for a weapon light for my shotgun and I was considering building a single mode xml2 p60 with this as indoors all flood is perfectly fine with me but not if there isn’t enough throw to at least light up 20 or 30 foot in front of me. I know that is kind of contradicting but when I say all flood I guess I really mean an even beam with no hotspot, I still want a little throw.

It’s a very broad, very even floodlight, not noticeably bright at the center.
Can’t tell you the angle, friends grabbed the ones I had for bicycle use.
I’d think you would find the light adequate for using your shotgun indoors
But you’d probably prefer a zoom rather than fixed flood to be sure what you’re looking at outdoors.
This will light up something at that distance, but not reveal much detail.

I notice the price is down to $7.99

This lens really cuts down on the throw.

Indoors with a well driven XML2 you would probably find it OK, not so much outdoors. At $7 it wouldn't hurt too bad to try.

And is it just me or does it shift the tint towards purple?