SolarForce L2M

just joking man.....

Finally came in today...installed the Light Crenulated bezel and transfered the two way clip over......charging an 18650 now.

those look awesome. i can't wait for my gun metal and ss ones show up.

Please post yours when they do come in.......i would like to know how pimped out they are. Sealed

Sure wil pare ko. Smile

I'd like to see Solarforce (or someone) to come up with a 50 mm head with an aspheric included and no reflector but just a spacer or whatever technique would be needed to make it all work and have it screw into the body of a standard P60 host.

That would be the ultimate cheap aspheric throw when paired with a XR-E R2 drop-in. I have something similar in the standard 30mm head. To get more throw a bigger head is the only option left and 50 mm would be doable. After that it's just too big to be practical.

Heres the light next to my C6t in 18650 form. I still find that the pineapple grip on the 6t is nicer and easier to grip, sometime my hands sweat and it makes it difficult to push in the switch on the L2.

Well, you and your fancy clip pictures forced me in to buying my first Solarforce. I got a L2 in gunmetal gray from ITC and the one-way clip which I may put on my 504B depending on how it looks. I probably would have gotten a black L2 except they didn't seem to have it in stock.

I blame Al too for my SolarForce obsession. Laughing I have a black l2m one already and am waiting for the gunmetal one. I also have the lantern attachment, 18650 and CR123a extension tubes, extra bezels, the lanyard ring and pocket clip. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be filing for bankruptcy by the end of the year. Cry I never thought I'd get hooked on flashlights of all things. Embarassed

Just got a forward clicky and a plain bezel ring.

Decided I don't like forward clickies with multimode lights - it is recessed which I prefer, but has a mushy feel which I'm not keen on

It lets my L2 tailstand though. Also got an L2R that runs on 2 AAs - will have a look at it in a minute, not even opened the package yet.

This one was a pig to get right, but i fancied a recursive pic.

Big, bulky forward clickie which is not even slightly pretty to me and a stainless steel plain bezel ring which means it won't rip apart whatever bag it is in.

A couple of more straightforward shots. Presently, that's a KD MC-E dropin and an 18650 body

Side on

Tailstanding is good, but that tailcap is ugly!

Now to see if it gets uglier in CR123 configuration.

Same here, love everything but the tailcap. I bought the L2-S5 tailcap so my l2m would tailstand but the black colors don't match. The L2-S5 is more of a flat black color that just doesn't look good on a shiny black body. The other tailcaps look like they are all flat black also except for the 'stock' L2-S1.

Far from pretty

For scale

With the L2R but I don't think I've got any dropins that'll work with 2.4V though I've several that'd work with a pair of 14500s. The tailcap on the L2R is not interchangeable with the others - the tube is a lot narrower.

I'd not noticed the difference in finishes before - but it is quite obvious now it's been said. It isn't quite such an offence to the eyes with 2x18650 tubes, The switch isn't actually fatter than the head, it just looks that way.

That is the L2-S2 tailcap which I got here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270490323127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2245wt_941

These guys have a wide range and only charge $2 per item for shipping. Makes the small parts quite expensive but they have all the bits I know about.

I have seen that switch in Cr123 formats and it does look good i think.......And as for me to be the one to blame you all should blame Don.....i wanted a P60 host and decided to go with the SF lights. I wanted one because all one needs is a dropin and one has a whole new light. And now that i see your pics of the light with switch in Cr123 format i like it. I should have the 3mode dropin from solarforce courtesy of Craig, all i had to pay was shipping.

Just as well we're all different - the world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with me. Might get myself a low voltage dropin to play with on the L2R or find a driver that'll give me 1.5A to an R5. Single mode would be fine then it can use the forward clicky tailcap and eat batteries at a frightening rate. At least, I think the L2R has a forward clicky. Time to dig out two 14500s and find out. Nah, reverse.

I didnt mean the light.....i meant a P60 host.......since on the forums your an expert on them.

I also bought the Tailstanding switch for the Host.....makes it a little more versatile then the stock tailcap. This one from DX has a nice responsive sound and feel to it as well, and the best part is that it didnt cost much at all. And it also matches the finish of the SF.Cool

If you don't have enough Solarforce stuff yet, Lighthound has some really good prices right now. They are cheaper even than ITC, but they do charge for shipping on orders less than $75. Selection seems better too. They were out of stock on a lot of stuff a month ago, now they seem to have everything (well, not L2P's, those are still out of stock).

http://www.lighthound.com/Solarforce_c_168.html

This is terrible laziness on my part...

What's the link? I could use one of those