SolarStorm X2 Battery Balanced? NO. 14/04/20 Update: Fixed

Does my post#62 here help you: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29016?page=1#comment-845487 (sorry I can't create a link from my phone anymore it seems) . I've not actually connected mine to a hobby charger yet though but I can measure each banks voltage across the balance plug with a meter.

-Garry

Absolutely correct. I moved the blue wire to the one you have marked as COM (mine says BM) and it’s all working perfectly.

Thanks!

watch out for packs like that with fake,dummy cells and widely differing capacity on the 2 “good” cells.
forget these cheap and nasty packs and just buy the reloadable pack mentioned.i know of 2 riders who had this type of pack blow up while charging.
now they run 4 18650b and charge the cells in an all-80 8 bay.
risk went to near zero.performance doubled!

Problem is that case above to use your own cells is no longer available. The new SolarStorm 4 cell case is crippled with protection circuitry that doesn't work correctly and parasitic drain (&usb power that many don't want). The fix for the SS case is posted in its review thread over at MTBR, but I didn't find it easy to do. Those cases also stink for any light drawing over about 2.5A.

Ledoman has KD producing custom packs with Panasonic cells and seeing good results. GearBest seems to be selling some of the same ones but I'd support KD on these.

-Garry

I’ve got one of those packs coming, and I’ll be attempting the modifications. The hardest part looks to be releasing the pcb’s from the bottom of the case. I use a Lumicycle as my bike’s main headlight with a genuine battery/charger so I’m not too fussed about that. This was so I can have a spare pack in my bag for my Yinding headlight that I run on my helmet.
This pack came from a Magicshine clone I bought about 2 years ago. I’ve just done the same modification to the Yinding pack, and that was a lot easier. The pack looked better quality too, FP brand batteries, 1800maH printed on the side.
Didn’t look like recycled cells.