Solved: OnePlus One invites (and how I destroyed my phone)

Best of luck! I’d definitely keep the Nexus 4 to tinker around with. It might make for a silly project platform of sorts, and it would make for a pretty decent backup phone should you get it to work again.

I’m not sure either but i’ve had some good luck on things like this, it never hurts to ask

I wouldn’t bother telling them the whole story… just say that it died…

They’d probably ask for the serial and warranty information then, but it was purchased in Korea so I doubt it would work. :frowning:

Well, if you tell them you were cobbling in a home-brew charger, they’ll certainly tell you “Tough luck, Smarty TechnoLad”. Now if some poor starving student’s phone just up and died they may take pity on him…

When my original iphone died, Apple replaced it for free (three years out of warranty). The touchscreen stopped working after a firmware update.

Hmm yeah that makes sense. I’ll try that out and let you guys know what happens.

If you can make whimpering sounds, quiver your upper lip, and water your eyes… that helps… especially if you have big boobs…

Hey, guys, Ryan is a Teenage Boy …. :smiley:

Haha it’s all good guys. :party:

video phone is not a technology commonly used in north america and certainly not used by google call centers so cleavage is of no benefit

Somebody revoke this guy’s man card, cleavage is ALWAYS of benefit, just gotta find who it’s beneficial to at that moment in time.

Ryan is a guy calling a call center who can’t see what he looks like so even if he had boobs they can’t see them, and let not forget he is male so cleavage won’t aid his phone replacement quest

They got doctors that can fix that… we’re shootin’ for a ’ free phone here… :party:

You’re a young man Ryan, don’t do it! :open_mouth:

I was able to get an invite from the OnePlus forums.

If I do get a chance to share invites, I’ll let you guys know.

What is this oneplus?

https://oneplus.net

It’s a pretty nice android phone that’s basically being sold for cost. It’s not hard to get an invite, but you do need to hustle for one.

Only real problems are getting service (they’re a startup, so their customer service is still kinda iffy) and since there’s only about 500k units out in the wild, there’s not a lot of 3rd party accessories (cases, screen protectors, etc) available.

BTW, if you’re in the market, I’d suggest the Nillkin “frosted” case over the Oneplus official one. I found the stock one too slick and easy to drop.

i have a nexus 4, it does me fine, i just wondered what a oneplus was