Some sad news

RIP Steve.

Scrumpypaul, thank you for letting us know, may peace be with you as well…

RIP Steve… sad news indeed

Very sad to read this, RIP Steve

It’s a shame.I could feel he was a real gentleman.RIP.

Thanks for letting us know.
RIP Steve.

Sad to hear this news.
R.I.P. Steve.

RIP Steve.
Will miss his input and wisdom.

Thanks for letting us know. I really valued his opinion on budget knives. He contributed quiet a bit of great info. RIP Steve

xx Steve

Very sad to hear this. Rest in peace Steve.

Very sad news, thoughts with the family. RIP Steve from Redcar.

Thank you Scrumpypaul for letting us know.

Like you I chatted to Steve about sharps and lights a fair bit via email. I spent some happy evenings talking about what was new and what was good to buy.

He didn’t mind sharing his knowledge on improving some of the cheaper knives, he was very good at seeing the details.

Going to miss him. You Best wishes to his family at this difficult time.

Scrumpypaul are you on edgematters.uk forum? There’s a lot of ex BB on there who may have known Steve.

Hi Steve.,

That’s a fair point.

I’ve created a thread on EM.

Hope you and the missus are well.

Paul

Rest in Peace Steve

Well, this morning I got to say farewell to my friend Steve.

His funeral was attended by many of his old biker friends.

He’d suffered for almost 40 years with the after-effects of a motorbike crash (car driver at fault) injuring him and his missus - which left him hospitalised for 50 weeks, in significant pain for the next four decades and to a large extent wheelchair reliant towards the end.

That cut short his motorcycling - but once a biker, always a biker….

Fittingly, since he had rock n’ roll rather than God in his heart, this was the arrival hymn and there was this uplifting number played as we left.

Meanwhile, right at the moment the funeral tribute ended, someone’s phone started playing this old favourite which I felt was pretty poignant.

It was an absolute pleasure to have known this wise, warm man, who would simply flick his substantial beard in the face of sustained, cruel adversity, even if it was sadly for just a few short years.

I’ll be sending his son Mike the link for this thread so he can see what sort of cyber-impact Steve had on us.

Thank you all for your kind words and your well-wishes.

See ya Steve.

Paul

This sort of thing reminds me/ us that there are real people behind our screens & keyboards, something often forgotten when talking online and we do not know huge parts of their life’s journey or personalities.

Perhaps a useful link to things he has said on the forum would be appropriate if others that knew him are being directed to this page? I know I would want that, along with some Prodigy, Chemical Brothers & Leftfield :wink:

Link to Steve’s threads & posts http://budgetlightforum.com/user/8518

Cracking idea Stevi - thank you.

Paul

No Orbital ?

Good idea on the link, thanks for doing that, enjoying reading through those .