Spam?

Thanks for the explanations sb and Henk :wink: I knew there was something escaping me, it was the “timing”! Glad others made it to stop that annoyance (I only saw a few, but pages of spammers on BLF… no way :open_mouth: ! ) They finally saw the “light” :innocent:

Yeah, it was definitely a major spam attack, but the community response was also seriously impressive. When I found 500 new spam reports in my inbox I thought something had gone haywire with the site, especially when I couldn’t find any signs of spam on the public forum. Thanks again guys and gals!

BLF : defended by the SPAM-TROOPERS, WARRIORS OF THE LIGHT :beer:
:smiley:

I would of clicked the spam button but I was much to busy buying fake college degrees from all the Ivy league schools I could of never got into.

Look out Elon, who’s the smart guy now?

Well done everyone!!!

Haaaa! :money_mouth_face:

That would then be an aviatrix.

Damn, I missed all the fun :wink:

Yeah, me too.
Nothing like a good old cyber blitz krieg.

It was fun for a bit, I couldn’t sleep anyway.
Thanks for the info SB.

I didn’t see a thing , I don’t do AM. :sunglasses:

When I logged in last night all I saw were pages and pages in Chinese. I was thinking maybe I had accidentally activated Google Translate or something.

Then I noticed it was spam and started clicking “Mark as Spam”. After awhile I got tired and went to bed.

Glad to see it looks like we won the spam war!

I thought the forum was hacked, then I saw a post in english talking about spam :stuck_out_tongue:

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

It’s the only way to be sure.

Aliens

Couple more spams just popped up. Someone beat me to it.

Yep, that was me this time with my admin hammer. Thanks to everyone for their vigilance. They are more determined than I expected, but it will end sooner rather than later. I’m also playing with a few other tricks to try to mitigate it. Really sorry for the hassle.

We will fight the enemy together SB. :wink:
Unfortunately i missed the action again…

I do wonder why they even try to post here.

Do they try to selectively attack sites, or do they just spam on every forum in existence?

I suspect it has something to do with our Google search ranking within our genre, which is rather high. There is always a certain level of drive-by automated spamming attempts, but this current attack is obviously targeted.