SS ZY-T08 5-up Mod - Finished

Nichias because of the high CRI. They make the colors look more natural and I just like them.

------------------------------------------------

More photos in the OP. Potted the heat sink.

Got it today, and………WOW!
Love it, you are going to make me a tint snob:)
Great workmanship, The side button looks like it came that way from the factory.
I will not take it apart for fear of screwing something up and as long as it keeps working properly.
I figure “why mess with a good thing?”
She has got some heft with all that extra heat sinking, but still feels good and balanced.
Brand new Panasonic 3400 unprotected cells are being used in it currently.

The reflector is really impressive, can’t see a mark on it and the transitions between cavities is flawless.

This thing will throw further than advertised also, was just lighting up the neighbors Chicken Barn at near 300 meters.
I can really see why you like the Nichias, they just look better than a Cree. Looking down into the small creek that goes next to my deck the resolution is incredible, it’s like very little glare. The low setting is the favorite for most practical usage up close.
The Moonlight is as low as my Zebralight, which is the lowest I have had the pleasure of owning.

Anyway, this one stays in the stable till my wife sells everything after I pass away.
Thanks again,
Keith

Fantastic execution of this mod OL!

Ehm, Qlite? + momentary?

A BLF member programmed a few Qlite drivers for me, for momentary switches.

May I ask what size drill you used for the momentary switch hole? Looking for this very same solution for my project: Mod/Driver: ZY-T08 series conversion, MT-G2.