Starry Light SA-22

BLF - Eat rice and buy lights!

I’m glad this only turned into an obsession for me recently… otherwise, I would’ve never payed off my student loans back in the day or gotten married because I wouldn’t have had enough for a ring… haha. “Here honey, if you hold this little flashlight between your fingers, it’s brighter than any diamond I can give you.” :bigsmile:

At least now, I’ve had some years to develop a more budget-minded obsession instead of a “I’ll drop any amount for that light!” mindset.

That’s the beauty of this…you can have a new light and feel like you’re driving a new car! And when the high wears off, just get another. It’s still a cheap hobby (all things considered).

I don’t see the appeal, i like new features or more lumens but beyond that more lights just waste money and take up more space, in fact if the lights were worth anything i would sell half of what i have

Well, regardless of whether it’s higher lumens or a different tint, or just something with a better switch, the result is the same: Our “fix.”

You get your fixes too or you wouldn’t have stuck around this long. Think about it. H)

But you do have THEM!

Obviously i am a flashaholic but i like lumens and battery life, tint is also nice, but i am not quite at the double digit ownership level yet, i would rather upgrade what i have or trade then add to my collection, if someone wants a Cyclone C88 for this Starry Light (pending review) then i am all for it

I can relate. I’ve got about 7 flashlights now and I’m already starting to feel like I have too many. I love learning about them and seeing some of those crazy beam shots, but the practical side of me is struggling to find uses for all my flashlights. It feels like a waste when I can’t put one of them to good use. Even between my Convoy C8 and my new Starry Light, I’m feeling like I’m neglecting my C8 because I’m using my Starry Light more. :zipper_mouth_face: Haha. They perform basically the same, but I just don’t like having to worry about the 18650s.

I’m new to flashlights - I’ve only purchased a few since finding this forum, & they’ve all been for specific uses. If I sat down and made a list, I could probably come up with a dozen different uses / situations for a variety of flashlights, everything from “keychain light” up to a “zombie invasion light”. So, I think eventually I’ll have a dozen different lights. I’m trying to fill those holes in the order I’d actually need them, or when I come across a particularly good deal. Once I find one that I like, I doubt I’d buy a second one that fills that particular need, unless it’s for a gift.

Could you please stop all this full quotes?

Yeah, enough already!

Okay.

Scrolling down through this thread is making me dizzy!

-Garry

LOL :D!

We need LOL emoticon in this forum, quickly!

I think the only solution is to either go outside in the dark with a group of people who each use one of your flashlights, or strap some to your dogs and cats and go for a walk, thereby justifying them :stuck_out_tongue:

SPAM!! This man is a cat or dog salesman.

Oops, nearly forgot…

Now you cant stop until it goes the other way :D!

We are Bort

Resistance is futile

You will buy a flashlight (or a Pontiac)

So a power outage last night got me thinking - IS lists the head diameter at 37 mm. I’ve found a few cone diffusers that are 34mm in size, and many more in the 40mm range. 37 mm seems rather unusual. Obviously 40mm would fit, but I’m not sure if it would be so loose that it would fall off. Does anyone have any recommendations?

This one fits my SkyEye F13: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1347101 .

(Sorry stupid iPhone is being too retarded to make that a link! I'm about sick of it!)

-Garry