Stuff You Lost or Realized Was Lost Recently

“Anything recently discovered mysteriously missing from your routine stuff?”

recently discovered after being missing……

1. glasses. found them in the woods where we walk. why did i take them off there?
2. dog leash. found it in the clothes hamper. must have been on the floor near my underwear.
3. knife. not between the couch cushions. it was stuck between the seat and back in the car.

I kept telling myself to find the extension tails for my snowshoes, in anticipation of winter.

So today I went in the basement to start digging through boxes, trying to picture where I saw the tails last…

well… someone with forethought and planning, a younger me that I had forgotten, had put the tails on the snowshoes, to keep them together… duh! frigging brilliant.

then I wanted to know what happened to one of my triple LED RRT-01 lights… it was not in its storage case…

found it in the 4x2 daypack kit (two lights, two spare cells, two knives, two firestarters)… all present and accounted for

drama averted

Since we’re talking about lost stuff that was eventually recovered, I have two.

1) My Convoy M1 in warm white. I thought it’d fallen out of my pocket on a supermarket I visit often. After badgering their Customer Support about lost and found, I gave up, heartbroken. A couple months later, I put my hand on the car’s glasses holder above the driver’s door and guess what my fingers bumped into.

2) A Tool AAA Nichia. One fine day I noticed it missing, and no idea where I could’ve lost it other than my flat. Spent months looking for it now and then, as it’s now a discontinued light, and found it a few weeks ago by pure accident in the bucket where I keep parts and chargers.

Seems like a common thing. Just when I wasn’t looking for it I found my missing FW3A :laughing:

Every time we have a dinner with guests, we do a “hide our clutter” routine. Dump stuff in boxes and stash them in spare bedroom or my mancave. Problem arises that we never restore stashed items to their original positions…ie:lost.

Not as much lost but found, unexpectedly - $100

Have an older lamp (circa the ‘50s) whose switch needed some fixing. When I took it to the shop I found the bill had stuck to the marble weight in the base. Being porous, the humidity got the paper bill (there was a time these were made of linen/paper) ’glued’. I don’t know how long this was lost, but certainly after the 80s.

But I’m still looking for my Bushnells, intermediate-sized binoculars. Always kept them between the car seats for a quick inspection of some building features. Always return things to their original place; it’s where my memory pointers go.

Now with some time available I undertook the long task of cleaning and sorting my shop. I’ll be lost for some years to come.