Super Thrower----BTU. Shocker 3xCREE XM-L U2 3x18650 Super Power Flashlight

LoL I think your words speak for the most of us here. I was also thinking of putting it on my xmas list, provided the price is close to $100 and there is a better programming of the driver (ie the turbo mode etc).

The head is a a few mm larger diameter than TK70 (but reflector is where it counts and they coul well be smaller than the Fenix’s). Looks like an awesome light!

I’d love to have one and a variant with a single XM-L and a humungo reflector. If this was $110 I’d insta-buy. Honestly this light is a beast but for the $ it needs to have rock-solid, quality electronics that provide steady flat-ish regulation on high (and current-controlled lower modes, or at least high freq. PWM) and cell protection. I have my eye on this one for sure.

I’m just going to wait and see how the new fenix tk75 is

This is from fenix outfitters

Quote ( the tk 75 will have approx 2600 lumens, the handle is about the same diameter as a Coke can, and it will run on the 18650 batteries. Right now, no release date so that’s about all I can tell you.)

I’m out. $85 or $95, I’d be in.

Looks great, a lower low mode would be appreciated, something like 300mA per die.

This is what that other toilet plunger should have been in the 1st place. I really like the throw and spill of this light, its on my buy list. With the head diameter how long until we see 5 and 7 led models in 3 and 6 battery configurations. HID’s you’re history.

Well you have to consider this: Throw for $98, 117Kcd guaranteed (I believe it, considering who it is...). Seems like incredible lux for the bucks...

However, with this proto light, for starting at $150 with 3 U2's, you get a lot mure lumens for sure. But the modified STL-V6 sure has me thinking, and with only 2 18650's... Someone tell me I'm wrong, but is this the best deal for >100Kcd under $100 straight out of the box?

Where do you get 100kd out of the box for 100$

Is this light PWN controlled? If yes what’s the frequency?

Follow the link - OneStopThrowShop. Yes, it's mod'ed but it's delivered to your door with 117Kcd capability and anyone can buy one for that price.

Add: $7.65 shipping, at least for me in NY ($105.65 total)

If I hadn’t just bought an XTAR D35, I’d be really interested in this light too. But since I have a D35 now, of course it’s human nature to justify my purchase:

• D35 has much better UI (magnetic control ring)
  • D35 is smaller and lighter
  • D35 can run on High forever (albeit at 2350 lm, not 3500 or 2600 or whatever this BTU light turns out to be OTF)

But this BTU has important advantages too:

• more output, for 30 seconds or 3 minutes; however long Turbo mode lasts
  • more throw
  • lower price

so maybe I’m still interested in the BTU. I don’t know how I’m going to sneak it by the spouse though.

To texas shooter: adding more LEDs can increase output, but it might decrease throw because the reflectors would have to be smaller, and the whole object of this light is throw.

Hmm, they also offer 240kcd TN31… I wonder how they achieve that, without changing reflector.

One-stop de-dome shop

Ah, I see. So, over-driven de-domed LED? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. Yes! That could very well account for at least part of, or majority of the increase, sacrificing lumens of course. Dunno, but the guy seems to have a prior great rep in the forums.

If the price would have been close to $100 I probably would have bought one. Unfortunately $150 is more than I can justify spending on one flashlight. :frowning:

nice light but I echo the sentiments in the thread…

[quote=Tom E]

[quote=Bwolcott]

Yes. THATS the light I wanted to buy. But postage to Singapore would have cost me USD47 :frowning:
That’s like 50% of the cost of the flashlight itself. What a bummer….

Why dont you try single XML-U2 in such wide, 106mm head?