Tasi 632A luxmeter, some tests

:slight_smile: Now we talked that precision should remain same. Small uni-t has only FC function not x10 x100 or x1000 like most meters.

Edit: I just did one small test with uni-t and it is really annoying to follow digits of 240 kcd light on the wall. You are getting weird readings from 8900 - 9200 lux and they are changing while you moving the hand(flashlight hotspot around sensor)very frequently.

So when I put uni-t to FC function meter gains on stability of reading and I have for example very small variations like 850-860 FC at same distance and same light.

And now once again I am very sure what I am talking about. FC function on uni-t is more accurute, and more easy to follow in my case.

Maybe you guys fixate flashlight with some mount but I like to hold it in my hand and read from the distance (which in my case is 5 meters )

I do fix my flashlight and move the luxmeter with my hand, effectively the same but I’m closer to the display :slight_smile:
I understand why you use the fc setting: while moving around and maximising a digital reading in which two digits constantly change is a thing that is quite impossable for your brain, whatever the accuracy is. Just one changing digit is way easier to interpret and easier to get the meter or spot in the maximised position.

Thats why I like the max function.

Oh I see what you mean now, that makes sense.

Yes… That is the thing :+1: The way I hold the light ( holding it firmly but almost impossible to avoid slightly scroll with flashlight hotspot on uni-t sensor) makes classic uni-t lux mode to give a lot of jumping digits.
Of course that would not happen with proper flashlight mounting but I am pretty sure it will happen for anyone who uses his hands or wife help for lux measuring :slight_smile: so in that case turn FC function on and recalculate. I really love this light meter and it cost 10$. Everyone should have it same as unit clamp meter for current draw reading.
Not to mention portability of small guy… There are no more stretchy cables on lux meter. Just tape it on some distant spot in your house and enjoy :wink:

Feeling with uni-t meter is absolutely the same like when you bought your first budget thrower light lets say Jacob A60 and found that it throws further than lets say more expensive Tiablo A9 :slight_smile:

I really don’t have wish to use my expensive TES light meter any more. Sound like I am promoting uni-t company but I have nothing with them… Just can’t believe something can be so good(not super good just good of course) and dirt cheap.