TC66C-a powerful Type-C USB tester

you can only download the offline data by PC software :person_facepalming:

Thanks, hopefully this will be addressed in later firmware revisions.
Also as per a previous poster my TC66c failed to restart with only the screen illuminating with a dull glow.
Could get it to boot into the bootloader but and it would talk to the PC via a cable, but it would not measure any voltages or current.
After quite a few reboots it surprisingly came back to life (thank God).

Oh well, the little unit failed to come on again.
Fun while it lasted.

Same story here. This is a great meter with some unfortunate durability problems. To date I have purchased three. I don’t use them for anything crazy; at worst there might be the full weight of another tester on the USB-C connector, but at the moment only one of mine still works. The other two only turn on to a faint glow and don’t pass power through.

When the first one stopped working I thought one of the connectors had a broken solder joint. “Repairing” that broken joint had no effect.

I would be interested in knowing what the problem is, so I can at least take a stab at repairing it properly.

RD Tech?

I got a couple of 65W USB PD chargers, one for the car and one for the wall, and tried monitoring the charging of a MacBook Pro with this unit. The MBP says it is charging at 65W and the meter shows 20V but the power displayed jumps around between say 35W and 65W (and the current proportionally).

Any ideas why?

The PD switch is in the OFF position.

Sorry if this was covered already, but can the TC66 measure internal resistance of USB-C to USB-C cable, similarly to how UM25C does it for USB-A cables?