tell me I made a good choise?

Are you sure it isn’t because you enjoy bickering?

That seems rather ironic given your contentious posts over nothing in this thread.

It was mentioned in the original 3t6 thread. 2 of the reviewer at the page on MF also mention it. http://www.manafont.com/product_reviews.php/trustfire-tr3t6-triple-xml-t6-5modes-memory-led-flashlight-3x18650-pr-7443

At least two people in this thread have also tried it. It’s close to full power, and nimh’s handle the load well.

I'd have to sell it of course. I can't have 2 of almost the same light but then again.....

I call them XXeloops.

I have the 3T6 and have tryed it with 4 duraloops….not even close to what it does with 2 18650’s!I don’t like it when others attack my “friends” here, let alone talk about a light(or two) that they don’t even own!I thank everyone here that supports me, and others that question my decisions based on there own experiance.If you have nothing informative,positive,or funny to add……then……you get the point.To everyone else, have a great weekend!I Will!-Rick

Uh…. ok.

So just to check if I might’ve misremembered how the 3t6 acts on nimh’s I tried it again with 2 18650, 3 18650, and 4 duraloops, and… exactly the same meter reading from 2m within 5% for all of them. I got my 3t6 off aliexpress for $30 or so, and I assume its the real deal since pretty decent build quality.

BTW, it’s worth noting that Rezolution doesn’t actually own the OP light either.

I have to side with agenthex on the fact that the TF 3T6 runs just as bright on 4 NiMHs than 3 18650s.

Going from a ceiling bounce in my spare room (it is completely empty, not that it matters because the environment doesn’t change during my test), with the light in exactly the same position each time, marked by a cut in the table, using 4 NiMHs (Turnigy 2400mAh) gives me 96.78% of the ceiling bounce that 3 LiIons give (Trustfire 2400mAh).

And it’s around 1200 lumens. EDIT: Sorry, it’s actually closer to 1500 lumens.
A 3.22% difference is in no way distinguishable by eye or even by a normal photo.

Rezolution, your 3T6 may be bad, or your Eneloops may be bad. It’s one or the other. I hate to say it but the fact that the result from the 4 NiMHs can be replicated multiple times just adds to agenthex’s credibility regarding his argument.

And Rick, Rezolution isn’t being attacked, this is just a discussion. You should watch some Australian politics if you want to see attacking, but even then that’s not considered attacking.

Agenthex,

This is the last time I’m responding to one of your posts. It’s pretty obvious you crave negative attention but I want to clear a few things up.

1. I just did a ceiling bounce test. I get “22” with 3-18650, “22” with 2-18650, and “18” with 4 Eneloops. The reason my output is less with eneloops is because the light is flickering on high/med and the driver is having a hard time. I think it’s because the AA has no hard stop on the head end. When you put an 18650 in the tube, it can’t go past the tube collar so the plunger in the tail puts all of its force on the 18650s. When you put Eneloops in the tube, they will go in as far as they like as the only thing that stops them is the spring at the head. Because of this, the tailcap plunger applies pressure on then, but not as much as it applies to the 18650 cells.
That’s how my light works, it may be different from yours.

2. You are correct, I don’t own a Tk41. The reason I want one is because I tried it at a friends house about a year ago. It’s an amazing light. He just had regular alkalines in it and it was stunning. I’m not sure why you pointed out that I don’t own a TK41 or what that has to do with anything (other than trying to cause yet another argument).

I don’t know what your problem is or why you have to argue and nitpick with everyone but you’re really annoying. You are really wasting a massive amount of my time.

I’m sure you’ll have to get the last word in though, have at it. You’re officially on my ignore list.

The only claim I made is that it’s the brightest 4AA. Others have verified its potency here and previously elsewhere. A similar type driver is used in the J12 and some even use 4C nimh with it as a sort of budget TK70. I’m not sure why you seem butthurt over a simple factual discussion, but sulking off is not a mature response.

The only reason I mentioned you don’t own the tk41 is raw74’s frankly amusing remark: “I don’t like it when …. let alone talk about a light(or two) that they don’t even own”.

TLDR, man up.

It’s either the driver in my light or the spring contact issue I’m having. I have about 20 Eneloops sitting here and they all do the same thing.

Wow…all this over battery choise?I have tryed 4 duraloops in my 3T6 and it is not as bright as on 2 or 3 tenergy 2600’s.Also, the batteries rattle and the light flickers if you use it.The same thing happend with my TR-J12 when using Tenergy C cells.So, those who want to use AA’s in there 3T6 have at it.My AA’s are going in my AA powered lights, LIions are going in the others.Everyone have a great weekend….I’m gonna load up the car and go to camp.Have fun!

That’s odd. The same maladies only happen to affect those who don’t think it should work well. Maybe positive/negative thinking affects reality after all.

Congratulations on your new TK41, Raw! That light has been on my wishlist for a long time. I have plenty of Li-Ion lights and AA lights, but none of that caliber. My Fenix L2D (2xAA) is one of the best built lights I own and I expect it will be around for many years. Regarding Eneloops, I buy them whenever they are on sale at Costco. Not a member myself, but a cycling buddy keeps an eye out for me. The TK41 is an expensive light, so I've been putting it off for a long time - maybe the next birthday...

I store all my Eneloops in these: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=powerpax+storacell

My favorite one: http://www.adorama.com/BYPPBCA9OR.html?gclid=CIOLg-rlj7MCFelFMgodHyAAzA - this one holds 8xAA and 4xAAA, which is coincidentally the same configuration as the Eneloops sale pack at Costco.

I store most of my cells in my lights. This is what I use for my overflow bin.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Solutions-Battery-Organizer-Tester/dp/B00474DBE2

In the “9V row”’ I keep all of my Li-Ion cells.

TK41 U2 upgraded version $109.99 here.

Rez, don’t waste your time, dude. I got a jackassed response from the Agent in one of my posts also. Easy come, easy go……….60.00

Is this some sort of joke ?