TENAVOLTS AA Lithium 1.5V rechargeable cells

No, it doesn’t work. It may……seem…. to work with ……some…… chargers. You will get some charge, but the charger’s termination capability will be thwarted by the internal electronics. They are in control.
Tried what you are talking about with a number of multi-chargers. Nope.
Works fine with the proprietary charger.

I haven’t been impressed with my set of 4 Tenavolts cells. One would not hold a charge worth anything, and the others don’t provide much longevity per charge.

Wow. I sooo appreciate the info. I put them in the tenenvolt charger and the primary indicator was green.
I assume they are charged…? They will go back into the bathroom radio until ‘dead’ and then back to the factory charger. Tanks again!

Huh… they work fine for me. You MUST use the come-with charger. They need 5V full USB voltage, NOT 4.2V that’d charge Li cells. The latter almost certainly won’t charge the internal cell worth a damn.

In my Xeno, an alkaleak will gradually dim to the point of being useless. A Tenavolt will maintain full 1.5V brightness (ie, dimmer’n a 14500) right up to the point where it drops dead without warning. Decent runtime, too.

I agree with @Lightbringer. I have a dozen, all working almost continuously for a year+. No, they don’t have mega capacity, most being in the 1600mAh range. They don’t have mega amp output, being limited by the circuitry to ~ 1.5A output. But they do put out a pretty solid 1.5v until they drop dead. That is very useful for “some” applications. Mostly not needed though. Understand what you are buying.

Only worth the price on a GOOD sale, which I have not seen in ages. Current price is simply way too high.

+1

My Harmony remote loves them because of the steady 1.5V output. They last about 6 months in it on a single charge.

I do see the attraction however at $35 for 4 (Amazon,) that’s just too much. That’s over 3 x as much as eneloop which is already the most expensive rechargeable battery.

Yeah, I think most of us got them when they were $12 for 4 + charger. At the regular price, there is nothing interesting about them.

Yeh, that’s more in line with what I recall paying for ’em.

They’re great in things that don’t like eneloops/amaloops, that need that higher voltage.

I recall some remotes that would stop working with NiMH cells. Alkaleaks that were down to 1.2V with no load were pretty much spent anyway, so you’d get decent life out of ’em (before they’d start leaking), so in that case the Tenavolts would be perfect.

But yeah, no, no way would I pay almost 9bux per cell.