Tenergy "D" cells 10,000ma NiMH 8 @ $24.99

I'm still waiting for an LED light in 1xD configuration. The only battery type that is more ubiquitous in backcountry areas than AA is a D cell. But there are no single D cell lights, to my knowledge. Hint hint, Shenzhen!

It just dawned on me that I will need to charge 6 cells. It will likely be done overnight, so even if the charger would only take 4 to 6 hours, no one would be around to swap batteries (this would be at the office for work use). I'll most likely be dealing with 6 C cells and not D's, but I still want the ability to charge D's too. Any decent charger than charges 6 or 8 C's or D's? Or do I need to buy (2) 4 bay chargers?

-Garry

They're gone again .. someone bought the last 9 in one buy ..smart of them

Had been looking at them for 2 days now and just got up enough nerve to hit buy it now on 6 sets of these and ....bip...someone beat me to the punch by 3 minutes ..great minds think alike

took a lot to hit the button in the first place

almost harder to have someone say NO ...i hate that ..maybe why I hate Ebay

there are some 4 packs left

suddenly i'm not interested at all

ALL IN .....or...... FOLD

I'm Out

I think the consensus is that the Maha MH-C808M is probably the best one out there. It will charge up to eight independently. I have had one for a couple of years and it has worked flawlessly and it has never had a missed termination. Kind of expensive though at $90.00. http://www.amazon.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C808M-Cell-Multi-Charger/dp/B000E65DG6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1325865841&sr=8-6

There are cheaper alternatives but I don't have any experience with them.

Would these work good in the maglite 3d led? I thinkto read somewhere not to use rehargeables with it. Please correct me i am wrong.

I don't see why not. I don't have any to try yet. I have used AA NiMh's in a 2AA Maglite (even one with a Terralux drop-in).

-Garry

Use the batteries ...toss the maglite :P

anyway ...this deal is permanently dead this time

f*ck ! I missed out on this deal... damn it

Our local LIDL supermarket have a sale for double pack C cell nimh at 3,99€ each pack. Tempting but i have way too many battery sizez and types atm.

All the locally available C Nimh's have been 2500 mah batteries. What were those 3.99 euro ones rated for?

Ds 8@$25 or 4@$15 .... Cs 6@$15 NiMH Tenergy Ebay seller :::Marrsinc

Tenergy 4 bay charger for NiCD or NiMH AAA to Ds @ $15

Prices include S&H USA only

4000 mAh

Nice, thanks I got 8!!! YAY!

I had to pay sales tax tho, so $27 for me :(

Anyone have achargers the charger? I can't find it for 15.00 on ebay

Not sure what you are asking but http://www.ebay.com/itm/TENERGY-COMPUTER-CONTROLLED-UNIVERSAL-NIMH-NICD-SMART-CHARGER-/360425690882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eb0b9702

Decent price on 12 ultrafire unprotected 10440s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12x-ULTRAFIRE-10440-AAA-500mAh-RECHARGEABLE-BATTERIES-/360390890098?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item53e8f89272#ht_3084wt_1037

You guys do know you CAN charge C and D batteries with the maha c9000 right?

I charge mine using the c9000 and it works great. You need to make some cables to attach the batteries to the charger (either clip-type or magnet type)

I use them in a 2D LED maglite (stock) and they last forever... Not sure if the 3D has the same circuitry or not. I was under the impression that the 2D I have has some kind of boost circuit in it since I don't notice any difference between two alkaline or two ni-mh. Never tested it with the lightmeter though...

I did some googling and found this on another forum, I'm not sure if it can be taken as gospel truth, but this is what someone stated was a direct reply from Maglite:

"We do not recommend the use of rechargeable batteries in standard or LED/ Maglites® because rechargeable batteries are rated at 1.2 volts, whereas standard batteries are rated at 1.5 volts. By using rechargeable batteries you loose .3 volts per battery, which means you will have less light output or a dimmer light. Another reason is because the discharge curve on rechargeable batteries stays at a higher voltage longer than standard batteries so the lamp/LED life is less.
If you can live with this go for it, it will not damge the light."

Wouldn't these batteries work great in a TK70?