Test of a Luminus SST-20-W 3000K 95CRI led

You underestime this fact. I tried some cree 2700k 90 CRI XD16 and they are green

I’ve tried a Cree 3000k flashlight and it was yellow lime. No way I could use it for any purpose.

Even for general purpose use, I would prefer the rosy on my 3000k 9050 nichia 219b over the yellow lime 4000k LH351D 90CRI.

My 219B 4000k 9050 looks so tintless pure white next to the 4000k LH351D 90CRI.

Djozz, how is the tint in moonlight mode? Just hate it when moonlight turns the tint to crap.

I can not measure that now because I have no bare led reflowed at the moment to check just a few mA. The triple at moonlight is of course a PWM-ed 350mA so if moonlight is made that way the tint will be just as good.

If the cool white version is of any indication, there’s significant shift on low currents.

Good to see your results :slight_smile: Thank you for your efforts.

Then I can expect almost the same amperage with an NCR18650GA for a Sofirn C8F, and maybe it would require a Samsung 30Q for an Astrolux S41.

I think they might have recently revised their triple boards to be compatible with Carclo optics because I just tried the Carclo and it fits perfectly. It’s interesting that KD sells the triple emitters soldered to the board for so much cheaper relative to buying single emitters.

And please remember that kd triple MCPCB is only 1mm, so carclo legs HAVE TO be shortened to ensure proper tension and thermal contact with a pill / shelf.

Good news that they changed their triple board, I wonder if that also implies that the optic that goes with it is the Carclo 10570?

Is this the best R9 led that we can buy ready made? I haven’t seen R9 over 90 on something you can buy.

Any idea how is the 4000K version?
Are the Yuji Leds better that this one?

It is the best R9 that I have seen, but it is a warm led, they seem often pretty good in R9.

There is one 4000K version for sale, at Kaidomain, and all I can say is that the tint bin of that one is a bit above the Black Body Line, while most BLF people like the tint to be below the BBL. It is listed for one day now so no one has seen the led in reality.

The Yuji leds will have even higher CRI but I doubt anyone will notice it without measuring the spectrum. And Yuji leds are not high power type but mid-power and not very efficient. Actually for extreme CRI mid-power leds at the moment the Nichia Optisolis leds may be the better choice because they deliver more light and at a higher efficiency than the Yuji leds.

NF2L757GT-F1 92-94 of R9, NVSLE21AT 87-98 of R9.

I wonder why Kaidomain ordered a tint bin above the BBL? They should know people don’t like green tint.

^ I read Ban saying somewhere that he saved a number of leds from a reel to be sold on Kaidomain, that suggests that he did not especially buy the reel for us snobs or even that he got the leds from someone else who purchased the reel.

oic. That makes sense then.

But the nichia is not really available for purchase on a board ready to be used like this.

No, and same for the Yuji leds.

For the flashlight hobby it is a real godsend that the led industry over the last 4 years has embraced the 3535 (XP) footprint for power-leds. Before that, many promising leds were never used because there was no matching DTP ledboard available, or if there was one (i.e. the Rebel), the led was impossible to center in a reflector.

Hi djozz

Please don’t worry.

We had gotten a whole reel of the LED. All the LEDs are packing in a reel. It does not have any cutting pieces from the distributor.

Since we also have some customer require to install the 4000K version, so i had reserved some for selling in KD.

Thank you

Ban

Ist the Nichia 219C with CRI92 somewhere for sale or is this actually the so called "Optosolis" LED that cannot be bought?

Both leds can be bought on virence.com